When it comes to food, oh boy, the Balinese cats are incredibly finicky! Instead of dry food, they often demand canned food.
Well, of course, it’s not like they don’t eat dry food; they do, but it’s very rare.
You, being the owner, must be well aware of the fact that it is essential to provide vitamin supplements every once in a while.
So, there are several food producers who offer vitamin-rich food, saving you the hustle.
The Balinese cats, being flesh-eating animals, need a good portion of meat in their diet.
When you look for canned food for your pet, make sure it contains an ingredient called Taurine. It is highly essential for the health of your cat.
Here is a list of 7 best cat foods containing all the vital ingredients to keep your cat healthy and in shape:
Top 7 Cat Foods for Balinese Cats
|Product||Wet or Dry?||Digestive Aids|
|Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food||Dry||Yes|
|9 Lives Turkey & Seafood Favorites||Wet||Average|
|Purina Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef||Wet||Average|
|Meow Mix Tender Centers Dry Cat Food||Dry||No|
|Blue Buffalo Healthy Growth Natural Kitten Dry Cat Food||Dry||Yes|
|Nutro Max Indoor Cat Adult Dry Cat Food||Dry||Yes|
|Natural Balance Limited Ingredient||Dry||Yes|
1. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food, Adult, Indoor, Chicken Recipe
|Chicken||Whole Grain Wheat||Corn Gluten Meal|
|Pork Fat||Powdered Cellulose||Chicken Meal|
|Wheat Gluten||Dried Beet Pulp||Chicken Liver Flavor|
|Soybean Oil||Lactic Acid||Fish Oil|
|Potassium Chloride||Choline Chloride||Calcium Sulfate|
|Folic Acid||Vitamin E Supplement||Vitamin D3 Supplement|
|Ferrous Sulfate||Niacin||L-Ascorbyl 2-polyphosphate|
|Manganese Sulfate||Copper Sulfate||Vitamin A Supplement|
|Thiamine Mononitrate||D-Calcium Pantothenate,||Sodium Selenite|
|Riboflavin Supplement,||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride||Biotin|
|minerals||Vitamin B12 Supplement||Vitamin D3 Supplement|
|Potassium Iodide||L-Carnitine||Iodized Salt|
|Zinc oxide||Calcium iodate||Mixed Tocopherols for freshness|
|Natural Flavors||Green Peas||Apples|
- Taurine, found in this food, keeps your Balinese cat’s digestive system strong
- Nutritious ingredients of this food make it is a balanced diet for your adult cat
- It is grain-free which is great for your Balinese cat’s health
- Clears digestive tract issues: your cat will stay full-of-life and healthy once you start feeding this food
- Toned Muscles: your Balinese cat will stay strong and muscular with this cat food
- Difficulty in swallowing because of dry textured food, particularly for senior cats
- Efforts in keeping your cat hydrated will consume a lot of energy, as the food itself is not hydrating
- Your cat might be allergenic to fruits and peas present in this cat food. You’ll have to do some trails before you feed it in bulk
2. 9 Lives Turkey & Seafood Favorites Wet Cat Food Variety
|Tender Morsels With Real Turkey & Chicken in Sauce||Meat By-Products||Turkey|
|Chicken||Soy Protein Concentrate||Fish|
|Wheat Flour||Modified Corn Starch||Soy Flour|
|Natural Flavor||Salt||Titanium Dioxide (Color)|
|Sodium Tripolyphosphate||Potassium Chloride||Choline Chloride|
|Iron Oxide (Color)||Taurine||Vitamin A supplement|
|Thiamine Mononitrate||Vitamin B-12 Supplement||Niacin Supplement|
|D-Calcium Pantothenate||Riboflavin Supplement||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride|
|Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex||Folic Acid||Steamed Bone Meal|
|Vitamin E supplement||Vitamin D-3 Supplement||Sodium Selenite|
|Choline Chloride||Copper Sulfate||Caramel Color|
|Ferrous Sulfate||Zinc Oxide||Manganous Oxide|
|Calcium Iodate||Tender Morsels With Real Salmon in Sauce Ingredients||Meat By-Products|
|Brewers Yeast||DL-Methionine||Manganous Oxide|
- Balanced Nutrients: this cat food contains white meat in a handsome quantity which is nourishing for your Balinese cat
- Free from all sorts of added growth hormones and steroids, reducing the risk of catching diseases
- Moist and soft texture: This wet food sufficiently hydrates your Balinese cat\
- Cats often take time to adjust: your Balinese cat might require some time to adjust to this new cat food
- Trials required: demands testing to know if the ingredients are safe for your cat
3. Purina Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef Feast Collection Wet Cat Food
|Wheat gluten||Natural roasted turkey flavor||Potassium chloride|
|Meat by-products||Soy flour||Taurine|
|Chicken, corn starch-modified||Salt||Choline chloride|
|Vitamin E supplement||Calcium||Magnesium sulfate|
|Thiamine mononitrate||Phosphate||Vitamin B-1, 3, 6, 12, 7, 9|
- Available in 8 different tasty flavors, all of which are hygienic and healthy
- Vital vitamins and minerals make this a wholesome diet for your Balinese cat
- Soft and moist texture makes it easy to chew, especially for senior cats and kittens
- Balinese cats with a sensitive stomach can easily rely on this food
- Appetizing gravy and sauce
- Wet texture and low consistency make it preferable for kittens as it is easily swallowed
- Easy to swallow and preferred by kittens due to its wet consistency
- Keeps your cat’s heart strong and healthy with Taurine, available in this food in sufficient quantity
- Might become your cat’s favourite and she might give you tough time when switching to other quality foods.
- 10% ash content in the ingredients might not proof to be healthy.
4. Meow Mix Tender Centers Dry Cat Food
|Whole Ground Corn||Phosphoric Acid||Manganous Oxide|
|Chicken By-product Meal||Calcium Sulfate||Copper Sulfate|
|Corn Gluten Meal||Vitamin E, D3, B12, A Supplement||Calcium Iodate|
|Soybean Meal||BHA||Natural White Meat Chicken Flavor|
|Corn Syrup||BHT||Sodium Selenite|
|Glycerin||Salmon Meal||Whole Wheat|
- Longer shelf-life because of its dry texture
- Senior cats and kittens can be served
- Variety of meaty flavors for your cat
- Not difficult to digest, hence light on the digestive system of your cat
- The nutritional content of this food makes your cat’s bones and teeth stronger
- Essential acids found in this cat food plays a huge role in digestion
- Crunchy and meaty combination of this food makes it a fun meal for your Balinese cat
- Contains gluten which isn’t healthy for your cat
- The corn in this food is not easily processed and digested
- BHT and BHA are cancer-causing preservatives spotted in this cat food
5. Blue Buffalo Healthy Growth Natural Kitten Dry Cat Food
|Deboned chicken, chicken fat, chicken meal||Brown rice||Menhaden fish meal (omega 3 extracts)|
|Potatoes||Out Bran||Tomato Pomace|
|Flaxseed||Calcium Carbonate||Psyllium Seed husks|
|Dicalcium Phosphate||Potassium Chloride||Alfalfa meal|
|Choline Chloride||DL-Methionine||Potato Starch|
|Sweet potatoes, carrots||Taurine||Caramel|
|Vitamin E, B3, C, B2, B9, B12, D3||Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation||Calcium Pantothenate|
|Manganese Sulphate, Amino||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride||Dried Aspergillus Niger|
|Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum||Dried Bacillus subtilis||Sodium Selenite|
|Copper amino acid||Barley Grass||Kelp|
|Blueberries, Cranberries, apples, pomegranate||Spinach, pumpkin||Mixed Tocopherols|
- DHA and ARA are eye and brain development agents which are important for growing cats
- High-protein content keeps the muscles strong
- Muscular growth improves greatly
- Speeds up the growth of cats by giving the necessary energy
- Nourished Skin & Coat
- Taurine is good for heart health
- Vital minerals and anti-oxidants found in the recipe support digestion
- Might not be liked by all the cats
- Low moisture level might lead to dehydration
- Trouble in swallowing because of its dry texture
- Cats might be allergic to fruits present in this food
6. Nutro Max Indoor Cat Adult Dry Cat Food
|Wheat Flour||Corn Gluten Meal||Chicken Fat|
|Chicken Meal||Dried Plain Beet Pulp||Natural Flavors|
|Wheat Flour||Sunflower Oil||Soybean Oil|
|Oat Fiber||Tomato Pomace||Yeast Culture|
|Potassium Chloride||Menhaden Fish Oil||Choline Chloride|
|Dehydrated Chicken||Taurine||Vitamin A supplement|
|Salt||Vitamin B-12 Supplement||Niacin Supplement|
|D-Calcium Pantothenate||DL-Methionine||Dried Cranberry|
|L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate||Folic Acid||Magnesium Stearate|
|Vitamin E supplement||Vitamin D-3 Supplement||Sodium Selenite|
|Iron Proteinate||L-Carnitine||Copper Proteinate|
|Manganese Proteinate||Zinc Sulfate||Biotin|
|Calcium Pantothenate||Potassium Iodide||Thiamine Mononitrate|
|Pyridoxine Hydrochloride||Dried Blueberry||Rosemary Extract|
|Brewers Rice||DL Methionine||Decaffeinated Green Tea Extract|
- Contains antioxidants which are an excellent source to keep the immune system healthy
- Fibre content present in this food helps to pass swallowed hair through the digestive tracts very gently
- Shiny coats because of a diet, rich in fatty acids and zinc
- Vitamins, minerals, and natural ingredients improve the digestive health of a cat
- Low hydration because of dry textured food
7. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food Green Pea & Duck
|Green Peas||Duck||Duck Meal|
|Pea Protein||Canola Oil||Salmon Oil|
|Flaxseed||Sodium Bisulfate||Potassium Chloride|
|Fish Oil||Salt||Choline Chloride|
|DL-Methionine||Minerals||Vitamins E, A, B12, D3,|
|Biotin||Folic Acid||Thiamine Mononitrate|
|Rosemary Extract||Green Tea Extract||Spearmint Extract|
- Free of grains: cats love grain-free food.
- Source of a balanced diet for your adult Balinese cat
- Strengthen the muscles
- Skin and coats get shiny and healthy
- Taurine upholds the heart health of your cat
- Helps in digestion of food
- Prevents plaque build-up
- Some cats may not like it
- Low levels of moisture, due to its dry consistency
- Dry texture makes swallowing hard for cats
- Duck and green peas might cause allergy to cats
Factors to consider and observe for in cat food for Balinese cats
Feeding the Balinese Cat
It is common knowledge that cats are from the same heritage as that of lions, cheetah, and tigers, and they are never found munching on grass.
Balinese cats are also from the same line so it is not a big surprise when you notice that they are only fond of protein and fat and refuse to eat anything else.
In case you have not done your homework beforehand, you will face some troubles in understanding the diet plan for your cat.
Try not to take the process of feeding your Balinese cat too lightly, since these cats are very strict and picky about their diet.
They can go to great extremes if the food they are served is not of their choice, going on a hunger strike and then eventually dying is not uncommon for Balinese cats.
Your Balinese cat is completely dependent on fats and proteins.
Digestion problems due to the consumption of carbohydrates is very common as Balinese cats are not able to process carbohydrates all that well.
Usually, if there is an obese domestic Balinese cat then it is probably because of a high dosage of carbohydrate in its diet, if you do your research you can easily find out about its food plan.
Not only are carbs making your cat obese but they are also significantly increasing the chances of your cat to have diabetes.
At this point, you probably get the idea that your Balinese cat does not need carbs so try to avoid it as much as possible.
Tips for Feeding a Balinese Kitten
The following are some useful tips which would help you in feeding your Balinese kitten.
For good quality and healthy food for your Balinese cat we have listed down some of the best-selling food products. Select any of the mentioned cat foods and feed it to your pet, without giving it a second thought. It will strengthen the bond between you and your cat, as good food makes cats happy.
What if my Balinese cat eats dog food? The nutritional needs of a Balinese cat differ greatly from that of a dog.
Since cats are carnivores so their body demands a diet which is rich in protein, which dog food cannot fulfill.
Even then, if you serve dog food to your Balinese cat sometimes, it is not an issue but make sure you do not endorse it in its routine diet.
Can I feed my Balinese cat raw meat or raw fish?
Raw fish: Raw fish can lead to thiamine deficiency in your Balinese cat, which further causes abnormal posture, weakness, and even death. Make sure you do not feed all kinds of raw fish to your pet.
Raw meats: Avoid feeding raw meat to your Balinese cat as raw meat might contain parasites and may not fulfill the nutrient requirements of your cat.
Should my Pregnant Balinese cat be fed more? Yes, of course.
Cats that are about to produce kittens need handsome portion sizes but do not overfeed them. Extra weight might prove to be unhealthy for your Balinese cat in the future.
Make sure that the food you are serving to your pregnant Balinese cat contains minerals, folic acid, and iron.
- Steps for training a Balinese Cat
- How to groom a Balinese Cat
- What are the identifying features of a Balinese Cat