When it comes to food, oh boy, the Balinese cats are incredibly finicky! Instead of dry food, they often demand canned food.
Well, of course, it’s not like they don’t eat dry food; they do, but it’s very rare. You, being the owner, must be well aware of the fact that it is essential to provide vitamin supplements every once in a while.
So, there are several food producers who offer vitamin-rich food, saving you the hustle. The Balinese cats, being flesh-eating animals, need a good portion of meat in their diet. When you look for canned food for your pet, make sure it contains an ingredient called Taurine. It is highly essential for the health of your cat.
Here is a list of 7 best cat foods containing all the vital ingredients to keep your cat healthy and in shape:
Top 7 Cat Foods for Balinese Cats
|Top Products||Rating||What We Like About This Product|
|1. Hill’s Science Diet Indoor Chicken Dry Cat Food||4.4||Antioxidant-rich, high-quality ingredients, complete and balanced diet|
|2. Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef Feast Variety Pack Canned Cat Food||4.5||100% complete and balanced nutrition, gourmet gravy with chunks, essential nutrients|
|3. Meow Mix Tender Centers Dry Cat Food||4.7||Irresistible flavors, healthy nutrients, rich in antioxidants|
|4. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food||4.7||Grain-free, high-protein, features LifeSource Bits|
|5. Nutro Wholesome Essentials Adult Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Cat Food||4.7||Non-GMO formula, includes essential antioxidants, features high-quality ingredients|
|6. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food Green Pea & Duck||4.5||Sensitive digestion, no corn no wheat no soy, limited ingredient diet, grain-free|
|7. 9 Lives Turkey & Seafood Favorites Wet Cat Food Variety||3.6||Four delicious flavors, 100% complete nutrition, irresistible taste|
1. Hill’s Science Diet Indoor Chicken Dry Cat Food
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Chicken, 2. Whole Grain Wheat, 3. Corn Gluten Meal, 4. Powdered Cellulose, 5. Chicken Fat
This dry cat food by Hill’s Science is an ideal diet for your Balinese cat of age 1-6 years. I must tell you; this highly recommended dry cat food is 100% natural and contains zero artificial flavors and colors.
If digestion is what makes you worry about your cat’s health, then this popular cat food is one of the best options you can opt for. It contains ingredients that your cat can easily process.
Also, if you find that your cat enjoys staying indoors, this Hill’s Science Diet is a perfect match for such a lifestyle. This bestseller cat food is a balanced and nutritious food for your Balinese cat. With this real-chicken and high protein diet, you can keep your pal in shape.
- Taurine, found in this food, keeps your Balinese cat’s digestive system strong
- Nutritious ingredients of this food make it is a balanced diet for your adult cat
- It is grain-free which is great for your Balinese cat’s health
- Clears digestive tract issues: your cat will stay full-of-life and healthy once you start feeding this food
- Toned Muscles: your Balinese cat will stay strong and muscular with this cat food
- Difficulty in swallowing because of dry textured food, particularly for senior cats
- Efforts in keeping your cat hydrated will consume a lot of energy, as the food itself is not hydrating
- Your cat might be allergenic to fruits and peas present in this cat food. You’ll have to do some trails before you feed it in bulk
2. Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef Feast Variety Pack Canned Cat Food
Top 5 Ingredients in Turkey Feast In Roasted Turkey Flavor Gravy: 1. Poultry Broth, 2. Turkey, 3. Liver, 4. Wheat Gluten, 5. Meat By-Products
Top 5 Ingredients in Chicken Feast In Grilled Chicken Flavor Gravy: 1. Poultry Broth, 2. Chicken, 3. Liver, 4. Wheat Gluten, 5. Meat By-Products
Top 5 Ingredients in Beef Feast In Roasted Beef Flavor Gravy: 1. Meat Broth, 2. Beef, 3. Liver, 4. Wheat Gluten, 5. Meat By-Products
So, this Purina Fancy Feast Gravy Cat Food is something your Balinese cat will absolutely drool over.
You can easily find it in numerous flavors available in store including chicken, turkey, and beef. It is rich in gravy, and its savory taste is a treat for your cat’s taste-buds. Cats that are fed with this wet cat food end up loving it and licking the bowl clean!
Being a cat owner is not an easy task, and you deserve to feel satisfied after all the hard work you do for your cat. This food will definitely make you feel that way by keeping your cat healthy. It is high in protein and contains necessary vitamins and minerals for the growth of your cat.
- Available in 8 different tasty flavors, all of which are hygienic and healthy
- Vital vitamins and minerals make this a wholesome diet for your Balinese cat
- Soft and moist texture makes it easy to chew, especially for senior cats and kittens
- Balinese cats with a sensitive stomach can easily rely on this food
- Appetizing gravy and sauce
- Wet texture and low consistency make it preferable for kittens as it is easily swallowed
- Easy to swallow and preferred by kittens due to its wet consistency
- Keeps your cat’s heart strong and healthy with Taurine, available in this food in sufficient quantity.
- Might become your cat’s favorite and she might give you a tough time when switching to other quality foods.
- 10% ash content in the ingredients might not prove to be healthy.
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Whole Ground Corn, 2. Chicken By-Product Meal, 3. Corn Gluten Meal, 4. Soybean Meal, 5. Whole Wheat
Okay, so this tempting and mouth-watering Meow Mix Tender Centres Dry Cat Food is a highly rated and popular dry cat food.
You know what makes it stand out?
It’s the crunchy exterior and soft, gooey center of this dry cat food.
It is the best combo-meal for your Balinese cat, available in chicken and salmon flavors. In case, your cat’s stomach is upset this cat food is something you have to hold on to. Vets highly recommend it as quality dry cat food.
For sufficient activeness, serve this food to your Balinese cat in the morning and it will keep your cat on the go throughout the day.
- Longer shelf-life because of its dry texture
- Senior cats and kittens can be served
- Variety of meaty flavors for your cat
- Not difficult to digest, hence light on the digestive system of your cat
- The nutritional content of this food makes your cat’s bones and teeth stronger
- Essential acids found in this cat food plays a huge role in digestion
- Crunchy and meaty combination of this food makes it a fun meal for your Balinese cat
- Contains gluten which isn’t healthy for your cat
- The corn in this food is not easily processed and digested
- BHT and BHA are cancer-causing preservatives spotted in this cat food
4. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Deboned Chicken, 2. Chicken Meal, 3. Pea Protein, 4. Tapioca Starch, 5. Peas
Blue Buffalo Healthy Growth Natural Kitten Dry Cat Food is a quality cat food product with an ideal blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
This food contains nutrients which are manufactured at low temperature and in turn, supports the health of your Balinese kitten.
You can feed it to your cat, no matter how old it is, as this food is suitable for cats of all age groups.
It can also be fed to cats with a sensitive stomach.
- DHA and ARA are eye and brain development agents which are important for growing cats
- High-protein content keeps the muscles strong
- Muscular growth improves greatly
- Speeds up the growth of cats by giving the necessary energy
- Nourished Skin & Coat
- Taurine is good for heart health
- Vital minerals and anti-oxidants found in the recipe support digestion
- Might not be liked by all the cats
- Low moisture level might lead to dehydration
- Trouble in swallowing because of its dry texture
- Cats might be allergic to fruits present in this food
5. Nutro Wholesome Essentials Adult Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Cat Food
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Salmon, 2. Chicken Meal, 3. Brewers Rice, 4. Pea Protein, 5. Whole Brown Rice
Crafted with essential nutrients, including minerals and vitamins, this clean dry cat recipe is an excellent choice to keep up with your feline’s health. The recipe contains real salmon as the primary ingredient and offers complete and balanced nutrition to your cat. Another plus is that this food contains rich flavors that could keep a picky eater like a Balinese cat hooked.
Provide your cat with a complete diet that contains all the healthy antioxidants that promote strong immunity, while the natural fiber in the blend encourages healthy digestion. The non-GMO ingredients come from trustable farmers and suppliers from all over the world.
- Made without corn, soy protein, and wheat
- Free from artificial preservatives, flavors, and colors
- Includes essential antioxidants
- Rich in flavors
- Ideal for picky eaters
- Encourages healthy digestion
- Low hydration because of dry textured food
6. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food Green Pea & Duck
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Green Peas, 2. Duck, 3. Duck Meal, 4. Pea Protein, 5. Canola Oil
This best-selling dry cat food contains high protein and carbohydrate content.
If you are looking for an alternative food for your Balinese cat, then you must grab this Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food Green Pea & Duck.
This dry cat food is free of grains, helps in processing food and maintains the health of your pal’s skin and coat.
It is a perfect source of nutrition for your adult Balinese cat.
You can uphold the muscular tone of your cat with this food rich in amino acid which is obtained from a high-quality duck.
- Free of grains: cats love grain-free food.
- Source of a balanced diet for your adult Balinese cat
- Strengthen the muscles
- Skin and coats get shiny and healthy
- Taurine upholds the heart health of your cat
- Helps in digestion of food
- Prevents plaque build-up
- Some cats may not like it
- Low levels of moisture, due to its dry consistency
- Dry texture makes swallowing hard for cats
- Duck and green peas might cause allergy to cats
7. 9 Lives Turkey & Seafood Favorites Wet Cat Food Variety
Top 5 Ingredients in Tender Morsels with Real Salmon In Sauce: 1. Water Sufficient for Processing, 2. Meat By-Products, 3. Chicken, 4. Turkey, 5. Soy Protein Concentrate
Top 5 Ingredients in Tender Morsels with Real Turkey & Chicken In Sauce: 1. Water Sufficient for Processing, 2. Meat By-Products, 3. Turkey, 4. Chicken, 5. Soy Protein Concentrate
Top 5 Ingredients in Tender Morsels with Real Turkey & Giblets In Sauce: 1. Water Sufficient for Processing, 2. Meat By-Products, 3. Turkey, 4. Chicken, 5. Soy Protein Concentrate
This moist and tender food is a treat for your Balinese cat and is available in the delicious flavor of turkey and seafood.
This 9 Lives Turkey & Seafood cat food is something you must get your hands on. What makes it stands out is its soft texture. It’s definitely a perfect food for kittens and senior cats, considering that they face difficulties in chewing.
This pocket-friendly variety-pack offers appealing and mouth-watering flavors with real turkey and saucy fish that your cat is going to love. This delicious and grain-free cat food is a perfect combo for your Balinese cat. It also reduces the risks of getting any allergies.
It is healthy and nutritious, making your cat live longer and happier.
- Balanced Nutrients: this cat food contains white meat in a handsome quantity which is nourishing for your Balinese cat
- Free from all sorts of added growth hormones and steroids, reducing the risk of catching diseases
- Moist and soft texture: This wet food sufficiently hydrates your Balinese cat
- Cats often take time to adjust: your Balinese cat might require some time to adjust to this new cat food
- Trials required: demands testing to know if the ingredients are safe for your cat
Factors To Consider And Observe For In Cat Food For Balinese Cats
Balinese cats can become obese if their diet is not controlled and they are fed too much.
The ideal diet for a senior Balinese cat is a large portion of protein and a restrained amount of fat.
It should be kept in mind that the diet of a Balinese cat should be according to the age, if your cat is a bit older then you should ensure that your cat gets a balanced diet that uses a weight control formula.
Just like any other cat, a Balinese cat is also fond of meat which is why you should make sure that you feed your cat a sufficient amount of meat, fish, and poultry.
In order to keep the muscles and tissues of a Balinese cat toned, they need to have a diet full of animal protein.
In order to keep the coat of your Balinese cat healthy and shiny, you need to endorse a specific amount of fat in its diet.
More specifically speaking, the diet of a Balinese cat should contain at least 9% of fat which constitutes omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
As we all know, plants are the least favorite food item for cats. However, it is important that you feed your Balinese cat low carbs which are easy to digest.
Feeding the Balinese Cat
It is common knowledge that cats are from the same heritage as that of lions, cheetah, and tigers, and they are never found munching on grass.
Balinese cats are also from the same line so it is not a big surprise when you notice that they are only fond of protein and fat and refuse to eat anything else.
In case you have not done your homework beforehand, you will face some troubles in understanding the diet plan for your cat.
Try not to take the process of feeding your Balinese cat too lightly, since these cats are very strict and picky about their diet.
They can go to great extremes if the food they are served is not of their choice, going on a hunger strike and then eventually dying is not uncommon for Balinese cats.
Your Balinese cat is completely dependent on fats and proteins. Digestion problems due to the consumption of carbohydrates is very common as Balinese cats are not able to process carbohydrates all that well.
Usually, if there is an obese domestic Balinese cat then it is probably because of a high dosage of carbohydrate in its diet, if you do your research you can easily find out about its food plan.
Not only are carbs making your cat obese but they are also significantly increasing the chances of your cat to have diabetes. At this point, you probably get the idea that your Balinese cat does not need carbs so try to avoid it as much as possible.
Tips for Feeding a Balinese Kitten
The following are some useful tips which would help you in feeding your Balinese kitten.
Savor Your Balinese Cat’s Taste
In order to ensure that whatever you feed your Balinese cat is safe and healthy, you should buy food that meets the standards of AAFCO (the American Association of Feed Control Officials.)
Make sure that the servings are fulfilling the minimum requirements so that your cat gets sufficient food. If you see any terminologies like “premium”, “gourmet” or “hype,” ignore them. They can end up confusing you.
They are nothing but fancy words to catch the attention of customers to sell their product. The logical thing to do here is going to your vet and asking them for recommendations for the type of food you should give and would suit your Balinese cat.
The food can be wet or dry, always consult your vet before making a decision. The next step is called the taste test. In this step, you need to give small quantities of the cat food that you selected to your Balinese cat.
Monitor your pet carefully and see whether or not it is enjoying the meal. If the answer is positive, then that’s that! You made the right choice.
If the answer is negative, then you will have to try again till you get it right.
If you plan on changing the food you are giving your Balinese cat then you should start by giving small amounts of it and keep on adding into it over a specific time let’s say over a week or so.
This also helps in preventing your kitten from getting an upset stomach and your cat will not reject the new food right away.
Feeding Time, Snacks, And Portion Size For Balinese Cats
A common query among most cat owners is how much food should be given to Balinese cats? Well, there are a number of factors that should be brought into consideration.
Check whether your Balinese cat is an indoor cat or an outdoor cat or a hybrid? How often your cat is sterilized? The nutritional needs of your Balinese cat depend on how you answer these questions.
Small meals every now and then, throughout the day, is something Balinese cats enjoy immensely.
It is better to make sure you fill the bowl with your cat’s favorite food whenever you are leaving the house. Place the bowl where your cat can easily reach and have the food.
You can schedule the meal-time for your cat to maintain its weight. Feed half of the food in the morning and the other half in the evening. Minimize the treats if you are extra conscious about your cat putting on excessive weight.
Try to stick to the nutritional diet as much as you can and avoid giving out snacks frequently.
What if my Balinese cat eats dog food?
The nutritional needs of a Balinese cat differ greatly from that of a dog.
Since cats are carnivores so their body demands a diet which is rich in protein, which dog food cannot fulfill.
Even then, if you serve dog food to your Balinese cat sometimes, it is not an issue but make sure you do not endorse it in its routine diet.
Can I feed my Balinese cat raw meat or raw fish?
Raw fish: Raw fish can lead to thiamine deficiency in your Balinese cat, which further causes abnormal posture, weakness, and even death. Make sure you do not feed all kinds of raw fish to your pet.
Raw meats: Avoid feeding raw meat to your Balinese cat as raw meat might contain parasites and may not fulfill the nutrient requirements of your cat.
Should my Pregnant Balinese cat be fed more?
Yes, of course.
Cats that are about to produce kittens need handsome portion sizes but do not overfeed them. Extra weight might prove to be unhealthy for your Balinese cat in the future.
Make sure that the food you are serving to your pregnant Balinese cat contains minerals, folic acid, and iron.
For good quality and healthy food for your Balinese cat, we have listed down some of the best-selling food products. Select any of the mentioned cat foods and feed it to your pet, without giving it a second thought. It will strengthen the bond between you and your cat, as good food makes cats happy.
- Steps for training a Balinese Cat
- How to groom a Balinese Cat
- What are the identifying features of a Balinese Cat