The diet of a Bengal cat is not different from that of any domestic cat.
That means that your Bengal wouldn’t require a separate diet if you have multiple cats at home.
You can easily feed the same cat food to your Bengal cat, which you are feeding to your other domestic cats.
But you have to make sure that its food is high in protein. Being a carnivore, a Bengal cat’s body needs good quality and high amount of protein.
The bottom line is:
Bengal cats crave meats in their diet in contrast to house-cats.
Their feral tendency, and ability to digest any meat, either raw or cooked, is what makes them stand in all cat breeds.
In this article:
We have listed 13 best cat foods for Bengal cats. All of these cat foods meet Bengal cat food requirements and contain ingredients necessary to keep your pet active.
Best Cat Foods For Bengal CatsBengal cat checklist. I spent hours on end to curate this checklist with all the products that you’ll ever need for your furball.
1. Purina ONE Tender Selects Blend Adult Dry Cat Food
|Chicken||Soy Protein Isolate|
|Corn Gluten Meal||Soy Protein Concentrate|
|Poultry By-Product Meal||Fish Meal|
|Soybean Meal||Phosphoric Acid|
|Animal Fat Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols||Calcium Carbonate|
|Whole Grain Corn||Salt|
|Animal Liver Flavor||Caramel Color|
|Potassium Chloride||Choline Chloride|
|Taurine||Vitamin E Supplement|
|Zinc Sulfate||L-Lysine Monohydrochloride|
|Vitamin A Supplement||Calcium Pantothenate|
|Thiamine Mononitrate||Copper Sulfate|
|Riboflavin Supplement||Vitamin B-12 Supplement|
|Pyridoxine Hydrochloride||Folic Acid|
|Vitamin D-3 Supplement||Calcium Iodate|
|Biotin||Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity)|
|Sodium Selenite||Brewer’s Rice|
- Good quality protein in this food keeps your cat’s muscles healthy.
- Chicken flavored food for your cat contains no artificial flavors, preservatives, and is completely free of filler ingredients.
- Contains phosphoric acid and calcium carbonate which strengthens your cat’s bones and teeth.
- It is a blend rich in antioxidants that gives support in keeping the immune system strong.
- Radiant and healthy skin and coat with the presence of omega-6 fatty acid, obtained from carrots and peas found in this food.
- Dry texture prevents plaque build-up.
- The whole grain corn content in this food may cause digestion issues.
- Low on moisture content.
- Efforts might be required in making your cat drink water to keep it hydrated.
2. Purina Cat Chow Naturals Grain-Free With Real Chicken Adult Dry Cat Food
|Chicken By-Product Meal||Potassium Chloride|
|Cassava Root Flour||Taurine|
|Soy Flour||Vitamin E Supplement|
|Pea Starch||Niacin (Vitamin B-3)|
|Chicken||Vitamin A Supplement|
|Pea Protein||Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B-5)|
|Beef Fat Naturally Preserved With Mixed-Tocopherols||Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1)|
|Lentil Flour||Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2)|
|Canola Meal||Vitamin B-12 Supplement|
|Natural Liver Flavor||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6)|
|Dried Yeast||Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9)|
|Phosphoric Acid||Vitamin D-3 Supplement|
|Salt||Biotin (Vitamin B-7)|
|Calcium Carbonate||Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K)|
|Choline Chloride||Copper Sulfate|
|Zinc Sulfate||Calcium Iodate|
|Ferrous Sulfate||Sodium Selenite|
- Chicken flavored cat food, satisfying your cat’s poultry cravings.
- Dry consistency helps in removing plaque, keeping your cat hygienic.
- Free of grains, added flavors, and preservatives that your cat must avoid under all conditions.
- Calcium and phosphorous in this food keeps your pal’s bones and teeth strong.
- Taurine found in this cat food helps in the digestion of high-protein diet that your Bengal cat requires.
- Your cat might be allergenic to some of the products present in this food.
- Your cat might face dehydration due to the dry texture of food.
3. Purina Friskies Surfin’ & Turfin’ Favorites Adult Dry Cat Food
|Ground Yellow Corn||DL-Methionine|
|Corn Gluten Meal||Yellow 5|
|Chicken By-Product Meal||Manganese Sulfate|
|Soybean Meal||Blue 2|
|Beef Tallow Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols (Form of Vitamin E)||Niacin|
|Meat and Bone Meal||Vitamin A Supplement|
|Ocean Fish Meal||Calcium Pantothenate|
|Animal Liver Flavor||Thiamine Mononitrate|
|Phosphoric Acid||Copper Sulfate|
|Calcium Carbonate||Riboflavin Supplement|
|Salt||Vitamin B-12 Supplement|
|Added Color||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride|
|Choline Chloride||Folic Acid|
|Salmon Meal||Vitamin D-3 Supplement|
|Crab Meal||Calcium Iodate|
|Taurine||Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity)|
|Vitamin E Supplement||Sodium Selenite|
|Zinc Sulfate||Ferrous Sulfate|
- Offers a variety of flavors: beef, seafood, and poultry that your Bengal cat would absolutely drool over.
- Comes in appealing shapes that will gain your cat’s attention.
- Is a nutritious and healthy formula that meets all Bengal cat food requirements.
- Keeps the digestion system strong with taurine found in this food.
- Calcium will help in keeping the bones strong.
- Niacin in the food will keep the overall body functioning well-maintained, making your cat live longer and healthier.
- Your cat can be allergenic to seafood, so you may have to conduct a trial before feeding this cat food in a large amount.
- Its dry texture could cause difficulty in swallowing.
4. Meow Mix Savory Morsels Wet Cat Food
|Tender Favorites With Real Tuna & Whole Shrimp in Sauce||Vitamin B12|
|Fish Broth||Menadione Sodium Bisulphite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity)|
|Ocean Fish||Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate|
|Soybean Oil||Manganese Sulphate Monohydrate|
|Natural & Artificial Flavors||Copper Proteinate|
|Tricalcium Phosphate||Sodium Selenite|
|Guar Gum||Potassium Iodide|
|Calcium Sulphate||Savory Morsels With Real Salmon & Ocean Fish in Gravy|
|Vitamin E||Fish Broth|
|Vitamin A||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride|
- Comes in easy to open, and stay-fresh cups which keeps the natural sauce and juice of the food completely fresh.
- Its wet texture makes swallowing easy and keeps your cat hydrated.
- Tender and juicy food, yummy isn’t it?
- White meat and calcium in this cat food are some of the most essential ingredients that a growing cat requires.
- Your kitty might be allergenic to seafood, give it a try before feeding this cat food to your Bengal kitten in bulk.
- Your cat may not like any other food once it gets a hold of this cat food’s taste and texture.
- The natural juice in this food may require it to be kept in the refrigerator.
5. Purina Kit & Kaboodle Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food
|Ground Yellow Corn||Corn Gluten Meal|
|Soybean Meal||Meat And Bone Meal|
|Animal Fat Preserved With Mixed-Tocopherols||Chicken By-Product Meal|
|Powdered Cellulose||Soybean Hulls|
|Animal Liver Flavor||Calcium Carbonate|
|Choline Chloride||Natural Flavor|
|Salmon Meal||Turkey By-Product Meal|
|Parsley Flakes||Potassium Chloride|
|Zinc Sulfate||Ferrous Sulfate|
|Manganese Sulfate||Copper Sulfate|
|Calcium Iodate||Sodium Selenite|
|Taurine||Vitamin E Supplement|
|Niacin (Vitamin B-3)||Vitamin A Supplement|
|Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B-5)||Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1)|
|Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2)||Vitamin B-12 Supplement|
|Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6)||Vitamin D-3 Supplement|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9)||Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K)|
|Biotin (Vitamin B-7)||Dl-Methionine|
|Red 40||Yellow 5|
- Loaded with minerals and vitamins which support overall health and wellness.
- The crunchy kibbles remove plaque build-up from your cat’s teeth.
- Supports its immune system with taurine in its ingredients.
- Strengthens the bones with white meat and calcium.
- Optimizes your cat’s weight and keeps it healthy.
- Tasty flavors: Chicken, Turkey, Salmon, and Garden greens, that your cat will get fond of.
- Low moisture level, may cause dehydration.
- Added colors may harm your cat’s health.
- Multiple types of meat present in this food may not suit your cat.
- Niggling chewing and swallowing.
6. IAMS Proactive Health Original Adult Dry Cat Food
|Chicken, chicken by-products||Corn Grits|
|Ground Whole Grain Corn||Dried Beet Pulp|
|Brewers Dried Yeast||Sodium Bisulfate|
|Fish Oil||Calcium Carbonate|
|Corn Gluten Meal||Vitamins E, B1, B6, A, B12, B2, D3,|
|Dried Egg Product||Calcium Pantothenate|
|Potassium Chloride||Thiamine Mononitrate|
- Taurine in this cat food supports digestion as well as heart health of cats.
- The high amount of protein will keep your cat’s muscles well-toned and strong.
- A lift of energy is what your Bengal cat needs especially during its growing age, this food will keep it energetic.
- Omega-fatty acid nourishes your cat’s skin and coats.
- Unique fiber blend in this cat food assists digestion.
- Pregnant and nursing Bengal cats can also be served.
- Dry texture removes plaque from the teeth.
- Low moisture level.
- Gulping the food down the throat may be hard because of its dry consistency.
7. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food, Adult, Indoor, Chicken Reciperoduct Title Here
|Chicken||Whole Grain Wheat||Corn Gluten Meal|
|Pork Fat||Powdered Cellulose||Chicken Meal|
|Wheat Gluten||Dried Beet Pulp||Chicken Liver Flavor|
|Soybean Oil||Lactic Acid||Fish Oil|
|Potassium Chloride||Choline Chloride||Calcium Sulfate|
|Folic Acid||Vitamin E Supplement||Vitamin D3 Supplement|
|Ferrous Sulfate||Niacin||L-Ascorbyl 2-polyphosphate|
|Manganese Sulfate||Copper Sulfate||Vitamin A Supplement|
|Thiamine Mononitrate||D-Calcium Pantothenate,||Sodium Selenite|
|Riboflavin Supplement,||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride||Biotin|
|minerals||Vitamin B12 Supplement||Vitamin D3 Supplement|
|Potassium Iodide||L-Carnitine||Iodized Salt|
|Zinc oxide||Calcium iodate||Mixed Tocopherols for freshness|
|Natural Flavors||Green Peas||Apples|
- Taurine in this cat food maintains the digestion system of your cat.
- Is a balanced diet for your cat, filled with nutritious ingredients.
- Your Bengal cat will absolutely savor this dry yet grain-free food.
- Solves digestion problem, making your cat energetic and active.
- Stronger and toned muscles will develop once you start feeding this food.
- Dry texture makes gulping difficult for senior cats.
- Efforts will be required when it comes to keeping your cat hydrated, as the food is of dry consistency and low on moisture.
- Fruits and peas may cause allergy to your cat, so you must give it in small amount first.
8. 9 Lives Turkey & Seafood Favorites Wet Cat Food Variety
|Tender Morsels With Real Turkey & Chicken in Sauce||Meat By-Products||Turkey|
|Chicken||Soy Protein Concentrate||Fish|
|Wheat Flour||Modified Corn Starch||Soy Flour|
|Natural Flavor||Salt||Titanium Dioxide (Color)|
|Sodium Tripolyphosphate||Potassium Chloride||Choline Chloride|
|Iron Oxide (Color)||Taurine||Vitamin A supplement|
|Thiamine Mononitrate||Vitamin B-12 Supplement||Niacin Supplement|
|D-Calcium Pantothenate||Riboflavin Supplement||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride|
|Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex||Folic Acid||Steamed Bone Meal|
|Vitamin E supplement||Vitamin D-3 Supplement||Sodium Selenite|
|Choline Chloride||Copper Sulfate||Caramel Color|
|Ferrous Sulfate||Zinc Oxide||Manganous Oxide|
|Calcium Iodate||Tender Morsels With Real Salmon in Sauce Ingredients||Meat By-Products|
|Brewer’s Yeast||DL Methionine||Manganous Oxide|
- Nourishing for your Bengal cat, having a scrumptious amount of white meat.
- Lowers the risk of catching diseases, completely free from all kinds of additional growth hormones and steroids.
- Sufficiently hydrates your cat and is moist and soft.
- Contains folic acid which makes it suitable for pregnant Bengal cats.
- New flavors for tastebuds- your cat may take time to get used to of these flavors.
- Run a trial test just to make sure your cat can be fed the ingredients that this food contains.
- Possibility of your pet being allergenic to turkey or even seafood. In this case, you will have to discontinue feeding this diet.
9. Purina Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef Feast Collection Wet Cat Food
|Wheat gluten||Natural roasted turkey flavor||Potassium chloride|
|Meat By-products||Soy flour||Taurine|
|Chicken, corn starch-modified||Salt||Choline Chloride|
|Vitamin E supplement||Calcium||Magnesium sulfate|
|Thiamine mononitrate||Phosphate||Vitamin B-1, 3, 6, 12, 7, 9|
- Hygienic and healthy-comes in 8 different delicious flavors.
- A complete diet for your Bengal cat, containing essential vitamins and minerals.
- Easy to chew and swallow as it is soft and moist to touch. Highly recommended for senior cats and little kittens.
- Yummy gravy and sauce.
- Cats with sensitive stomachs can easily rely on this wet cat food.
- Contains taurine which maintains the heart health of your Bengal cat as it consumes a lot of protein which may lead to heart problems.
- 10% ash content in the ingredients might not prove to be healthy.
10. Meow Mix Tender Centers Dry Cat Food
|Whole Ground Corn||Phosphoric Acid||Manganous Oxide|
|Chicken By-product Meal||Calcium Sulfate||Copper Sulfate|
|Corn Gluten Meal||Vitamin E, D3, B12, A Supplement||Calcium Iodate|
|Soybean Meal||BHA||Natural White Meat Chicken Flavor|
|Corn Syrup||BHT||Sodium Selenite|
|Glycerin||Salmon Meal||Whole Wheat|
- Dry texture makes this food sustain longer in your pantry.
- Suitable for kittens as well as senior cats.
- Offers several meaty flavors, high in protein, for your Bengal cat.
- Extremely light on the digestive system as it can be easily processed.
- Calcium in this food makes your cat’s teeth and bones super strong.
- Acids used in the manufacturing of this food plays a huge role in the digestion of food.
- A fun meal for cats, crunchy and meaty.
- Some of the ingredients, like gluten, may not prove to be healthy for your cat.
- Corns take time to digest.
- BHT and BHA, marked in this food, are potentially cancer-causing preservatives.
11. Blue Buffalo Healthy Growth Natural Kitten Dry Cat Food
|Deboned chicken, chicken fat, chicken meal||Brown rice||Menhaden fish meal (omega 3 extracts)|
|Potatoes||Out Bran||Tomato Pomace|
|Flaxseed||Calcium Carbonate||Psyllium Seed husks|
|Dicalcium Phosphate||Potassium Chloride||Alfalfa meal|
|Choline Chloride||DL-Methionine||Potato Starch|
|Sweet potatoes, carrots||Taurine||Caramel|
|Vitamin E, B3, C, B2, B9, B12, D3||Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation||Calcium Pantothenate|
|Manganese Sulphate, Amino||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride||Dried Aspergillus Niger|
|Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum||Dried Bacillus subtilis||Sodium Selenite|
|Copper amino acid||Barley Grass||Kelp|
|Blueberries, Cranberries, apples, pomegranate||Spinach, pumpkin||Mixed Tocopherols|
- DHA and ARA are very essential components for a growing cat, as they develop the eye and brain.
- Strengthens the muscles with a high amount of protein.
- Greatly enhances the development of muscles.
- Assists in the process of growth by speeding up the growth of cats.
- The heart remains healthy with taurine in its ingredients.
- Nourishes Skin & Coat with vitamins present in the food.
- Supports digestion with vital minerals and anti-oxidants.
- Might cause dehydration due to low moisture level and dry consistency.
- Swallowing might be troublesome because its texture is dry.
- Your cat might be allergic to fruits.
12. Nutro Max Indoor Cat Adult Dry Cat Food
|Wheat Flour||Corn Gluten Meal||Chicken Fat|
|Chicken Meal||Dried Plain Beet Pulp||Natural Flavors|
|Wheat Flour||Sunflower Oil||Soybean Oil|
|Oat Fiber||Tomato Pomace||Yeast Culture|
|Potassium Chloride||Menhaden Fish Oil||Choline Chloride|
|Dehydrated Chicken||Taurine||Vitamin A supplement|
|Salt||Vitamin B-12 Supplement||Niacin Supplement|
|D-Calcium Pantothenate||DL-Methionine||Dried Cranberry|
|L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate||Folic Acid||Magnesium Stearate|
|Vitamin E supplement||Vitamin D-3 Supplement||Sodium Selenite|
|Iron Proteinate||L-Carnitine||Copper Proteinate|
|Manganese Proteinate||Zinc Sulfate||Biotin|
|Calcium Pantothenate||Potassium Iodide||Thiamine Mononitrate|
|Pyridoxine Hydrochloride||Dried Blueberry||Rosemary Extract|
|Brewers Rice||DL Methionine||Decaffeinated Green Tea Extract|
- Healthy immune system- Antioxidants present in this food keeps the immunity strong.
- Swallowed hair can be easily passed through digestive tracts because of the fiber content of this food.
- Fatty acids and zinc content of this food bring shiny coats on your cat’s skin.
- Improves digestion of your cat with the vitamins, minerals and natural ingredients.
- Dry texture causes low hydration level.
- Your cat might be allergenic to some of the ingredients present in this food.
13. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food Green Pea & Duck
|Green Peas||Duck||Duck Meal|
|Pea Protein||Canola Oil||Salmon Oil|
|Flaxseed||Sodium Bisulfate||Potassium Chloride|
|Fish Oil||Salt||Choline Chloride|
|DL-Methionine||Minerals||Vitamins E, A, B12, D3,|
|Biotin||Folic Acid||Thiamine Mononitrate|
|Rosemary Extract||Green Tea Extract||Spearmint Extract|
- Grain-free food, your cat’s absolute favorite.
- Wholesome diet for an adult Bengal cat.
- Stronger muscles.
- Healthy and shiny coats because of the fatty acids present in this food.
- Maintains the health of your cat’s heart due to taurine content found in this food.
- Digestion of feed speeds-up.
- Removes plaque from teeth due to its dry texture.
- Your cat might be allergenic to some of its ingredient.
- The moisture level is low.
- Dry consistency makes swallowing hard for senior cats and kittens.
- Your cat may not like the new taste and resist eating.
What to feed a Bengal cat: Bengal cat diet
This question must be bugging you now and then if you are a new Bengal Cat owner.
The answer is quite simple, as cats are pure flesh-eating i.e. omnivorous, so their body demands a high amount of protein.
Currently, most of the foods available in the market contain a low amount of meat and a large portion of carbohydrates such as corn, rice, etc.
If you feed low-grade foods to your cat, it will end up having health issues later in life.
Raw meat is the best add-on to your cat’s diet plan this is because it is fresh and not processed.
Always make sure that the quantity of protein is 50%-80% in the food you are feeding, the remaining content should be filled with fiber and necessary vitamins.
To understand more about Bengal cats’ diet, I’d suggest you check out this article. In it, I go into detail on all the nutrition requirements of Bengals, how to fulfill them, and mention lists of foods that are safe and unsafe for Bengal cats.
Your Bengal cat might be allergic to some foods
According to studies, approximately 10% of all the cats are allergic to some type of food.
The allergy symptoms in Bengal cats are somewhat similar to those of humans.
In a case like this, you must conduct a food test to figure out which ingredient is not suiting your Bengal cat, so that you can treat the allergy.
Calorie Consumption for Bengal Cats Per Day
The dry foods available in stores tend to be filled with useless grains just to bulk up the package. This is the reason why you find them at very low prices.
This implies that if you feed your Bengal cat dry food, then its diet will be less resourceful as compared to that of wet food.
Also, even if you have planned an ideal diet for your cat but are overfeeding it, then it will also harm the health of your cat.
You would want to avoid foods which have filler and complex ingredients. Keep the diet simple as much as you possibly can.
A simple diet is the key to a longer, healthier and happier life.
Raw Food for Bengal Cats
We should not overlook the fact that the diet of a Bengal cat should not be entirely based on proteins; it should be a blend of proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
Moreover, raw meat should always be fresh and should not be left at room temperature for more than 30 minutes.
Raw meat may cause some serious health problems if not properly prepared, so keep the above factors in mind.
There is a list of raw meat that you can feed to your Bengal cat:
- For high-quality protein and omega 3 fat, fresh turkey meat is your go-to option.
- For rich in protein and fiber diet, leans cuts out of fresh meat are the best.
- Chicken is also considered as a great source of protein.
Foods to Avoid For Bengal Cats
You should refrain from feeding your Bengal cat the following foods as they cause diarrhea and other health issues. It is better to feed your Bengal cat the cat foods only and stick with its dietary plans.
What to Feed a Bengal Cat?
People seem to ask this question quite repeatedly, so you must be curious to get an answer to this question as well.
Well, Bengal cats are domestic cats with a demanding diet plan. Once you figure out a perfect diet plan for your Bengal cat just stick to it and you will be happy with the outcome.
Diet plan varies according to its age, it is different for kittens, adult cats, and senior cats. So let’s get started.
Dietary Requirements for a Bengal Kitten
If you just brought home a Bengal kitten from a breeder, you must be wondering whether to stick with the diet they kitten was given at the breeder’s or change it.
Well, it is better if you switch to a different diet plan as the growing kitten would need a more nourishing diet. Try out different brands available in the market and figure out which one best suits your kitten.
When you are on the hunt for a healthy and delicious kitten kibble, make sure that the food is mainly composed of meat; this should be your top most priority.
Refrain from taking food which contains corns, by-products or fillers.
Your kitten will not be able to digest corns and the filler ingredient in the food will make your pet eat more and more food to get proper nourishment.
These fillers have zero nutritional value and they just make your cat feel full without providing any nutrient that its body needs.
The most trustworthy place to buy cat food is the pet store, avoiding buying cat food from grocery stores.
How Much and What to Feed Adult Bengal Cats?
Switch your Bengal cat’s diet to adult food when it is a little older than one year.
This phase is usually a trial and error kind of phase as your cat is getting on its own and will definitely have its choice on taste.
When you are trying to find out what your cat would like, make sure it has high quantity and quality of meat, poultry or fish.
Bengal cats being active among all the domestic cats need a large portion of calories in contrast to domestic cats who just relax around the house.
They burn off a lot more calories as they are usually playing around, running in the garden and involved in some sort of activity.
Also, Bengal cats consume about a can per day while the other domestic cats need just half of the can to maintain their health.
The appetite of a Bengal cat is huge which keep them healthy, in shape and content.
If you avoid feeding can food to your cat then you can feed it the same dry food that you used to feed when it was just a little kitten.
But keep this in mind that Bengal cat give preference to meat and it won’t cherish biscuits or anything that looks like meat but it isn’t.
You can serve kibbles just for some munching but it is not going to keep it in a good mood if you keep on serving it as a main course.
However, if you decide to feed them dry food anyway then make sure you treat them with fresh meat as a delight every now and then.
What else you can do is give them a small bowl of dry food, could be biscuits, during the day and once they finish that then you can give out half of the canned food as a treat.
This will keep them engage and they will look forward to having a great tasty meal after a boring one.
However, there are certain human foods that you can give to your Bengal cat:
- Sweet potatoes
As far as milk products are concerned, it varies with each cat. Although cats are fond of milk, Bengal cats included, but as they grow up they tend to get intolerant of lactose present in milk.
You can always go with try and error method and check out if the milk is suiting your pet or not. Take notice of how they react to it.
Lucky you would be if your cat is not showing any negative digestive issues. In this case, you can easily give them a little milk or other milk products as treats.
Above all, it is highly recommended to serve your cat high-quality cat food instead of feeding them human foods.
We have made a list for you, you will be able to see it if you scroll up a little.
Raw Meat for Bengal Cat
What’s unique about Bengal cats is that they get an intense craving for meat, unlike any other domestic cat.
They enjoy raw meat more than canned or cooked meat. But, as we have discussed above, raw meat is poisonous even for cats.
You have to be very careful regarding the time you have put the raw meat out at room temperature, you should not feed raw meat to your cat if it is left out for more than half an hour.
Also, make sure your Bengal cat finishes the raw meat within 20 minutes otherwise it will catch bacteria and may cause food poisoning to your cat.
Do not store any leftover raw meat, just throw it away.
Of all the meats, beef is the best option for your Bengal cat. And the best type is minced meat, beef heart or ground sirloin.
Avoid meat covered in fat as it would give stomach ache to your cat.
A great thing that is discovered by a number of Bengal cat owners is that they have a great love for chicken.
Be it raw or cooked, they are absolutely fond of chicken.
You can make it healthy by cooking it up and make sure it is boneless, your Bengal cat would be above cloud nine. This meal can even become your cat’s favourite.
You can mix and match the cooked boneless chicken with some canned cat food, be it dry or wet.
This would be a nutritious and healthy combo meal for your finicky Bengal cat.
For high-quality cat foods for your Bengal cat, we have mentioned some of the best-selling and top rated products accompanied by pros and cons. Before you hit the market to reload the stock for your Bengal cat I will advise you to take a look at the cited products so that you get the best one for your pal.
You and your cat will surely build a lovely bond once you start feeding it right, as the way to a happy cat is its tummy.
What if my Bengal cat eats dog food? The nutrients required by a Bengal cat are different from the requirements of a dog.
Bengal cats fall under the category of carnivores due to which their diet needs to be high in protein, which cannot be achieved by feeding your cat a dog’s food.
It is not a problem if you serve dog food to your Bengal cat from time to time, but religiously feeding dog food may cause some serious health issues.
Can I feed my Bengal cat raw meat or raw fish?
Raw fish: If you give uncooked fish, be it any breed, it will cause deficiency of thiamine in your Bengal cat.
This is, in turn, results in abnormal body posture, faintness and even passing of your cat.
Avoid feeding it raw fish as much as you can, after all, it is your responsibility to keep your pet happy and healthy.
Raw meats: Serving raw meat to your Bengal cat may prove to be very risky and life taking.
This is because raw meat usually contains dangerous organisms that might take away your cat’s life.
Besides this factor, raw meat hardly fulfills the nutrient need of your Bengal cat.
To be on the safer side, it is always a good idea to feed your Bengal Cats with food that is properly cooked in order to avoid any serious health problems.
Also, cooked food definitely tastes way better!
Should my Pregnant Bengal cat be fed more? Definitely, adult cats already require handsome amount of diet, so the cats which are carrying kittens certainly need a large portion of food but do not overfeed them.
Gaining a lot of weight will be such a headache for you later, and it is also very unhealthy for Bengal cats in the future.
Monitor the food you are feeding to your pregnant Bengal cat, it should contain minerals, folic acid, and iron.
Focus more on quality of the food your feeding your pregnant Bengal Cat rather than on the quantity of it. Remember, only a healthy cat will deliver a healthy baby.
Is a high protein diet recommended for Bengal kittens? Of course, protein is a vital nutrient of all the nutrients for a growing kitten.
It is very largely recommended for kittens to be fed such a diet that contains a minimum of 30% protein.
Food rich in protein include meat and eggs etc, all of which contribute to the well-being of your pet cat.
A well-balanced diet will help your Bengal Cat grow in a healthy, keeping it active, happy and playful!