Tired of cleaning after your cat takes a trip to the litter box?
Litter mats are the solution.
Lucky for you, I have compiled a list of 10 of the best cat litter mats in the market today.
Comparison Between Our Top 5 Picks for Best Cat Litter Mats
|Smiling Paws Cat Litter Mat, Tear & Scratch Proof||9.6||No|
|PetFusion Tough Grip Cat Litter Mat||9.4||No|
|Pieviev Cat Litter Trapping Mat||9.1||No|
|Clean House Premium Cat Litter Mat||8.9||No|
|Gorilla Grip Original Premium Durable Cat Litter Mat||8.8||No|
1. Smiling Paws Cat Litter Mat, Tear & Scratch Proof
- Manufacturer: Smiling Paws Pets
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Dimensions: 35 x 23.5 x 0.4 inches
- Heavy-duty mats: made from premium quality material.
- Weighs around 3.6 LBS! Which makes it less prone to tear and rip.
- No compromise on quality by the manufacturer, as they don’t compete on price with other brands.
- Comes with a 100% refund policy, if you don’t like the product you can claim it easily.
- Made from cat and pet-friendly materials, that are completely from BPA and Phthalate.
- Very durable and once you buy it, it will surely last your kitties lifetime, so you don’t have to worry about purchasing new litter mats every now and then.
- This litter mat is urine proof and slip-resistant.
- The laminated bottom effectively prevents the urine from spreading on your floors and will keep the mat stable.
- Regularly offers special discounts and promotions.
- Works with almost all types of litters, like pine, clay, crystal, paper, and so on.
- You can easily cut the mat and alter its size according to your requirements.
- Relatively expensive than other available brands.
- A bit heavier than other brands which make cleaning it a little bit difficult.
2. PetFusion Tough Grip Cat Litter Mat
- Manufacturer: PetFusion
- Weight: 8 pounds
- Dimensions: 30 x 23 x 0.3 inches
- Comes with a 12-month manufacturer warranty for any manufacturing defect.
- It is made from premium FDA grade silicone, which makes it ultra-durable and comfortable for your fluffy friend to walk on.
- It’s completely waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about urine spreading anymore.
- It is made from completely non-toxic materials.
- It is thoughtfully designed with elevated outer lip and inner ridges that effectively contain your cat’s litter.
- Less odor than other available products in the markets.
- Super easy and convenient to clean, with flexible options like a broom, sponge, and vacuum.
- Great value for money.
- You can also save up some extra bucks, by simply folding and pouring back the clean litter in the box.
- Also includes anti-slip traction and side spout.
- It is pleasing on the eye with its neutral design and color scheme.
- Relatively expensive than other products available on the market.
- Not comfortable for our beloved cats to walk on.
- A bit heavier, which makes cleaning it a bit difficult.
- Litter usually just sit on the top and doesn’t go back in the box easily.
3. Pieviev Cat Litter Trapping Mat
- Manufacturer: Pieviev
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Dimensions: 1 x 0.4 x 24 inches
- No questions asked 5-year warranty.
- Made from high-quality EVA material.
- Responsive customer service for resolving your issues quickly.
- Double layer honeycomb design helps you to gather the litter easily.
- Large holes effectively trap the litter from your feline’s feet and prevent litter tracking.
- Compatible with a lot of litter types and different litter boxes.
- Very easy and quick cleaning, you just have to pick up the mat, and the litter will fall through, and then dump it back in the box.
- The bottom layer of the mat is slip-resistant and waterproof, which will prevent the liquids from going through.
- Durable, washable, and sturdy can’t be moved easily.
- This litter mat is made from EVA material that is completely free from BPA, phthalate, and other non-toxic materials.
- No more litter getting stuck to your feline’s feet on a daily basis.
- Pleasing on the eye and works well too.
- A little hard to clean, especially if the litter gets stuck in the large holes of the mat.
- Price is on the higher side.
- Some cats will need more time to get used to it, especially the cautious one due to its different design.
4. Clean House Premium Cat Litter Mat
- Manufacturer: CleanHouse Pets
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Dimensions: 5 x 24 x 0.3 inches
- 100% money-back policy if the product doesn’t live up to your esteem standards.
- Comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty, what more can we want?
- Special mesh design effectively catches all the litter from our kitties paws and prevent litter tracking around the house.
- Made from premium quality PVC material, this thick litter trapping mat stays in place and can’t be moved easily by your feline friends.
- These mats are XL, making them perfect for all size of litter boxes, and single and multicat households.
- Washable and very easy to clean, simply vacuum it or just shake the rug on the outside.
- Made from non-toxic materials and is free from phthalate and BPA.
- Stylish in design and effective in their job.
- These high-quality cat litter trapping mats are not only durable but also soft, which makes them perfect for our beloved cats.
- Affordable and great value for money.
- It does move around a bit; you might have to purchase a rug gripper if you want to keep it in one place.
- The sides of the mat get torn down easily by our aggressive fluffy friends within a couple of weeks.
- Not durable enough in comparison with other available brands.
5. Gorilla Grip Original Premium Durable Cat Litter Mat
- Manufacturer: Gorilla Grip
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Dimensions: 35 x 23 inches
- Specially designed for effective litter tracking, so no more worrying about litter spreading on your house floors.
- This mat features deep grooves and superior mesh that prevents litter tracking.
- With Gorilla Grip, you are guaranteed to get a product that is durable and long-lasting.
- Features a slip-resistant backing that keeps your cat litter mat in place, which means all the mess stays in the mat and doesn’t spread on your floors.
- It is made from premium quality material that is comfortable for your fluffy friend’s paws.
- These mats are phthalate-free and don’t contain any toxic materials.
- Very easy to clean with flexibility in cleaning options, as you can simply vacuum it, shake it off, rinse it down or soap it up.
- Large enough in size, and suitable for use with almost all litter boxes.
- Easily get’s stuck on wooden floors, and might get ripped apart easily.
- Aggressive cats easily scratched it and tore it down easily.
- Not durable enough in comparison with other available brands in the market.
6. iPrimio Large Cat Litter Trapper Mat
- Manufacturer: iPrimio
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Dimensions: 30 x 0.5 x 23 inches
- Extra-large holes (larger than the competition) for preventing litter tracking.
- It is made with exclusive urine/waterproof layer that actually repels urine.
- Effectively traps litter from your feline’s paws and keep your house floor neat and clean.
- Has a super smooth surface that provides comfort to your beloved fluffy friend.
- Super light Mat with an attractive brown color scheme that is pleasing on the eye.
- EZ open edge allows you super convenience in cleaning as you can just shake off the litter trapped inside the mat into the litter box.
- EZ open edge also allows you to insert common puppy pads underneath, which helps in soaking excessive urine from extra messy cats.
- Although a bit expensive, great value for money.
- Less responsive customer service.
- Not last very long, many complain about it being dysfunctional after one or two years.
- Price is very high, especially after concerns about its long-term durability.
7. Premium Large Cat Litter Mat 35″ x 23″
- Manufacturer: Easyology
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Dimensions: 35 x 23 x 0.5 inches
- It’s highly water-resistant.
- Traps 37% more litter than the regular cat litter mats.
- Compatible with almost all cat litter types.
- Very easy to clean and wash, which makes your life a lot easier.
- Big enough to easily handle two of your beloved fluffy friends.
- Floor-friendly, won’t discolor or stain your floor.
- Heavy duty but light enough for you to easily shake it off.
- Stays in one place, so things will not get messy and all the mess will be kept in one place.
- Effectively cleans your cat’s paws as they walk away, which means no more litter tracking.
- The beautiful texture that your cat will like and his claws won’t get stuck on the surface.
- Very comfortable and smooth.
- Ideal for sensitive kitties and kittens.
- Over 5000 5 star review on Amazon.
- The bottom of the mat needs some work, as it can’t prevent urine from seeping through to the floor.
- Not ideal for people living in small apartments due to the need to shake it out for effective cleaning.
8. UPSKY Double large Cat Litter Mat
- Manufacturer: UPSKY
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Dimensions: 20 x 12 x 1.6 inches
- Two packs give you the freedom to arrange the litter mats according to your requirements freely.
- It can also be used as a resting pad for your beloved fluffy friend due to the soft and comfortable surface.
- Available in multiple colors to choose from to match your home décor.
- Specially designed original pattern effectively traps the litter from your kittie’s paws and prevent litter tracking around your house.
- It is made from a premium quality PVC material that is not only durable and long-lasting but also soft and comfortable.
- Very to clean, as you just have to flip the mat and beat it a few times and there you go, or you can choose to use the vacuum cleaner to extract the dirt.
- Slip-resistant backing helps in keeping the mat in one place, so the mess stays in one place rather than spreading on your floors.
- A great litter mat for your beloved fluffy friend.
- Affordable in comparison with other products.
- Lacks effective litter trapping in comparison with other litter mats available in the market.
- Acts like normal rugs, and can’t prevent litter tracking around the house.
9. WooPet! Cat Litter Mat
- Manufacturer: WooPet!
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Dimensions: 24 x 22 x 0.4 inches
- Made from premium quality durable EVA foam.
- It is specifically designed for a one entry cat litter box.
- Has a 2-layer structure that effectively catches the litter and keeps the floors of your house clean.
- The top layer of honeycomb holes successfully traps the litter from your cat’s paws.
- The solid waterproof bottom layer helps you out in keeping your floors dry.
- Has Unique 3D bumps that clean your cat’s paws and trap the litter.
- These 3D bumps also provide soft and comfortable flooring for your kitties to walk on, so they enjoy walking on it rather than avoid them.
- One-step cleaning option makes your life easier, as you just have to pour the litter out in the litter box on cleaning day.
- Easily clean it with a wet towel.
- Portable, as you can easily fold it in half for storage and travels.
- Perfect fit for your home décor with it’s a unique and beautiful design.
- Other products available on the market are better at litter tracking.
- The litter still gets spread out on the floors, although in a much smaller quantity than regular litter mats.
10. Blackhole Cat Litter Mat
- Manufacturer: BlackHole Litter Mat
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Dimensions: 6 x 21.1 x 0.6 inches
- Made with premium quality EVA foam material that is waterproof, scratch-resistant, and pet-friendly.
- Large enough cat litter mat to support up to two cats.
- Innovative dual-layer design, with a honeycomb top and a solid rubber bottom.
- Available in a variety of color schemes to choose from.
- Contains no toxic materials and is safe for your pets and your family.
- This heavy-duty EVA foam is waterproof and prevents the urine from leaking onto the floors.
- Supports all types of cat litters, including crystal, clay, clumping, pellets, and so on.
- Effectively traps the litter from your cat’s paws and prevent litter tracking.
- The dual-layer design provides you convenience in cleaning, as you just have disposed of the trapped litter and put it back in the box.
- It’s also washable, and you can quickly air dry it.
- Has a soft and comfortable surface.
- Tiny holes might give you a tough time cleaning it.
- Relatively small in size and cats usually jump over it, so it can’t prevent litter tracking.
Why Do You Need A Litter Mat?
We! Cat owners! Definitely, need a litter mat to help resolve the most common problem that is ‘litter tracking.’ It is considered the first line of defense when it comes to preventing litter tracking in your house. No one likes to constantly steps on cats litters scattered throughout their house. This is why having a cat litter mat is very important for all the cat owners.
These litter mats are specially designed to effectively catch a large amount of litter from your cat’s paws as it enters and exits the litter box. And it is also great for people who don’t have a hooded litter box, as our beloved felines are known to kick the litter out of the box while doing their business. So, having these litter mats will help you out in preventing litter tracking around your house and keep the environment clean and healthy for you and your fluffy friend to enjoy. So, it is recommended that every cat owner should have a litter mat placed right next to their kitties litter boxes.
Types of Litter Mats
When it comes to types litter mats are divided into two core types which are easily available on the market.
How to Select The Best Litter Mat for Your Cat?
Selecting the best cat litter mat for your beloved fluffy friend can be a real challenging task due to the numerous options available on the market. Each is claiming that their mat is superior to others in a particular thing or the other. Therefore, you have to be careful in selecting the right option that fits your requirements, as you don’t want to purchase an expensive rug that is completely useless for you. You don’t have to worry we have all the information you need in order to make the best-informed decision. Following things should be considered carefully before making a buying decision.
- Type of material used
- Is it large enough?
- Design & performance
- Convenience in cleaning
- Does it come with a warranty?
Do kitty litter mats work?
Although not 100%, yes, these kitty litter mats works effectively in preventing litter tracking around your house. The top surface of the mat is comfortable for your cat’s paws, and it effectively traps the litter, which means less litter spreading. The bottom surface stores the litter and is usually waterproof to prevent the liquid from spreading on to the floor. These litter mats only work if your kitty actually walks on them, ideally at least a couple of steps; otherwise their efficiency decreases significantly. So, it’s ideal to have a large litter mat that forces your kitty to take a few steps on these mats rather than jumping out of their litter boxes on to the floor.
How do you clean cat litter mats?
Follow the below-mentioned tips for effectively cleaning the rubber mats.
- Always keep your kitty away from the mat while you are cleaning the urine.
- You can use a carpet cleaner if for some reason you are unable to machine-wash a fabric covered mat.
- Use a mop or paper towels to soak up as much of the cat urine from the mat as possible.
- If possible, try to air-dry rubber mats outdoors.
How do you keep cat litter from tracking everywhere?
Follow these solutions, to prevent litter tracking around your house:
- It’s time to switch to a dust-free litter for your cat.
- Having a litter mat will help you prevent litter tracking.
- Purchase a litter mat that has high walls.
- Place your kitty’s litter box on a carpet-free floor.
- Keep a cordless vacuum cleaner by the litter box.
- Trim long-haired cat paws.
- Ensure that your cat litter is quick clumping.
- Best Odor Control Litter Boxes for Cats
- Best Odor Control Litters for Cats
- Best Self Cleaning Litter Boxes for Cats