A bored Bengal cat is not usually a sight to behold, so as an owner, you might want to make sure that they have what they are craving for!
We know all about the dynamic behavior of our beloved furry friends. This dynamic behavior makes it a necessity to provide them the means to satisfy their appetite for play.
Due to their playful nature, these spotted felines rank among the most active cats in the world, and it is our responsibility to keep them healthy and happy.
The question is how to keep them active?
Well, the answer is simple, provide them the best cat toys.
Here, we’ve reviewed the top 13 toys for Bengal cats to ensure that your furball gets all the activity and fun that it needs.
We have made a comparison table of our top 7 toys for Bengal cats and differentiated them upon two variables:
- Toxicity / Hazardousness
This should provide you ample information to make the best decision for your beloved Bengal.
Our Top 7 Best Bengal Cat Toys
|Product||Durable||Toxic / Hazardous|
|Petstages Tower of Tracks Cat Toy||Yes||Yes (Hazardous)|
|M JJYPET Rechargeable Cat Laser Pointer||No||Yes (Hazardous)|
|Yeowww! Catnip Toy, Yellow Banana||Yes||No|
|Bergan Turbo Scratcher Toy for Cats||Yes||No|
|Youngever 24 Cat Toys Kitten Toys Assortments||No||No|
|Cat Dancer Products Rainbow Cat Charmer||Yes||No|
|EcoCity Cat Toys||Yes||No|
If you’re a new Bengal cat owner, we also recommend you to skim through our Bengal cat checklist. It’s to-the-point and highlights all the must-have products for Bengal cat owners.
1. Petstages Tower of Tracks Cat Toy
- Manufacturer: Petstages
- Weight: Around 9.6 ounces.
- Dimensions: 10 x 5.5 x 10 inches
- Material: Plastic (major ingredient)
- More engaging as it has three balls in comparison to other products available in the market.
- Durably built: suitable for solo and group play, with a solid non-slip base.
- Contains a variety of colors and designs to attract the attention and interest of your Bengal.
- Great for providing mental and physical fun exercise to your beloved cats.
- Contains chemicals which are known to cause congenital disabilities and cancer.
- You’ll have to supervise the play. Otherwise, the cats might get hurt.
2. M JJYPET Rechargeable Cat Laser Pointer, 3 in 1 Red Laser Pointer, Interactive Cat Dog Training Tool
- Manufacturer: M JJYPET
- Weight: Around 1.12 ounces.
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches.
- Material: Aircraft-Grade Aluminum for the body along with a rechargeable polymer battery.
- Easy to carry in the pocket due to its small size.
- No extra effort required, just sit and point the laser your beloved Bengal will do the rest.
- Great for keeping our cat’s healthy and active.
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor play.
- Recharging issues, especially with the red light, as the other two lights work fine after recharging.
- Directly pointing the laser into the cat’s eyes can damage them, so you have to be extremely careful.
3. Yeowww! Catnip Toy, Yellow Banana
- Manufacturer: Yeowww!
- Weight: Around 0.96 ounces.
- Dimensions: 7 x 1 x 3 inches.
- Materials: 100% premium organic catnip, durable cotton twill fabric, soy and vegetable-based dyes that are non-toxic.
- Unique fun textures to attract the attention of our beloved Bengal.
- 100% premium organic catnip.
- Non-toxic ingredients used to dye these products.
- Handmade in the USA.
- Design and size make it perfect for our beloved friend to engage in a healthy activity.
- Many customers have reported the problem, that these bananas are getting ripped quickly within 10-15 minutes of interaction by our beloved cats.
- They get dirty very quickly and have to clean them very carefully without the use of soap.
4. Bergan Turbo Scratcher Toy for Cats
- Manufacturer: Bergan
- Weight: Around 1.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 16 x 8 x 17 inches.
- Comes with: Catnip, plastic balls, corrugated line board, etc.
- Endless entertainment through hours of fun and exercise.
- Safer for your cat to play unsupervised.
- Comes with catnip and additional accessories can be attached.
- Replaceable scratch pads help in keeping the fun going on.
- Durable and can easily handle the aggressive abuse of cats.
- Keeps sliding around when cats play, have to place a mat beneath to provide enough grip.
- Take up a bit of space and is quite noisy as well.
- Cats tend to get the ball out after some tries as they are brilliant.
5. Youngever 24 Cat Toys Kitten Toys Assortments
- Manufacturer: Youngever
- Weight: Around 10.6 ounces.
- Dimensions: Different for all 24 items in the pack.
- Materials: Non-toxic materials used for making all items.
- Gives our beloved Bengal a host of options to spend their time with.
- Completely safe and your beloved cats can play with them unsupervised.
- Make your life easier in buying one product and provide multiple options to your beloved friend.
- Keep our cats’ healthy and active at all times.
- Most cats only love the tunnel the most and avoid playing with most of the other toys in the package.
- Some toys are less in quality than others.
6. Cat Dancer Products Rainbow Cat Charmer
- Manufacturer: Cat Dancer Products
- Weight: Around 0.64 ounces.
- Dimensions : 65 x 1 x 1 inches.
- Materials: Polycarbonate wand and non-toxic colorful fabric.
- The unique and simple design helps in attracting the interest of all types of cats.
- Non-toxic ingredients used to make the product.
- Variety in colors and design to meet the criteria of our highly intellectual friend.
- Safe for all, whether you have a kitten or an adult cat.
- Have to put the rainbow cat charmer away while not playing because of my cat’s habit to lick the feathers off.
- Durability issue with aggressive cats as they don’t last long with them.
- Manufacturer: EcoCity Cat Toys
- Weight: Around 0.64 ounces.
- Dimensions: 17.8 x 15.5 x 1.8 cm (Feather refills)
- Materials: Natural feathers, non-toxic dyes, flexible fiberglass, durable nylon, etc.
- Durable and eco-friendly material used to make this product.
- Colorful themes attract cats.
- Design of the product helps you to easily use it to increase your bonding with your beloved friend.
- Extremely safe because of non-toxic material and only works under your supervision.
- No catnip: people have to buy the catnip sprays separately, to make these toys more attractive to the Bengal cats.
- There have been some cases where the wands get splintered at the holding point.
8. MIBOTE 24Pcs Cat Toys Kitten Catnip Toys Assorted
- Manufacturer: MIBOTE
- Weight: Around 11.2 ounces.
- Dimensions: Different for all 24 pieces.
- Materials: Catnip, PP cotton-all Non-toxic
- Wide variety with 24 items: provides ample options to keep our Bengal engaged.
- Use of non-toxic materials makes them safe for our kittens.
- Collapsible tunnel to carry on the go to keep our furry friends happy everywhere.
- Apart from tunnel & teaser wand, cats get quickly bored with the other toys in the package.
- Most of the products are below par in quality and tend to wear down and get broken quickly.
9. SmartyKat Catnip Cat Toys
- Manufacturer: SmartyKat
- Weight: Around 0.64 ounces.
- Dimensions: 4 x 1 x 1.2 inches.
- Materials: Pure & Potent Catnip, Fiberfill (made from 100% recycled plastic).
- Adorable mice design and color scheme that immediately attracts the cat’s attention.
- Use of certified organic, renewable, and recyclable materials.
- It is spiked with catnip to provide an instant burst of energy.
- Are incredibly safe for your cats, because of the non-toxic ingredients.
- Tend to tear down and don’t last long with aggressive cats.
- Difficult to find sometimes, as cats take them to all the places in the house, and we often found the one we lost months ago while searching for a recent one.
10. Cat Dancer 101 Cat Dancer Interactive Cat Toy
- Manufacturer: Cat Dancer Products
- Weight: Around 0.64 ounces.
- Dimensions: 3 x 2 x 6 inches.
- Materials: Spring steel piano wire (30 inches), paper rolls, cardboard.
- Unique and straightforward design quickly attracts the attention of our beloved friend.
- This product is safe for all cats, whether you have kittens or adult ones.
- Bengal’s love this toy due to its spring activity and they just can’t get enough of it. They’ll often keep asking for more.
- Most vets recommend this product due to its safe nature.
- You don’t have to put the pieces together, open the packet, and there you go, it’s ready to play.
- You’ll have to keep monitoring the cardboard pieces. If they become loose, they can be dangerous for the cats due to a sharp metal hook attached to them.
- Durability is low, as this product doesn’t last long with some cats. Honestly, Bengals can be quite wild, so this is a bummer.
11. Cat Amazing – Interactive Treat Maze & Puzzle Feeder for Cats
- Manufacturer: Cat Amazing
- Weight: Around 12 ounces.
- Dimensions : 14 x 9 x 3.5 inches.
- Ingredients: Recyclable Cardboard, steel springs, etc.
- Durable: can easily take a 16-pound cat sitting on it, and perfect for Bengal cats as they are very aggressive.
- Non-toxic ingredients are used in making this product, which makes it safe for our Bengal cats.
- Three levels of difficulties help cats improve their skills to get their rewards.
- Great for weight loss and meal management for our beloved friends.
- Improves the digestion process and keep them healthy and active.
- Not suitable with wet food/treats as our aggressive Bengal can quickly shake it and spread them all inside.
- Difficult to clean if it gets dirty due to its shape and design.
12. PetSafe SlimCat Interactive Toy and Food Dispenser
- Manufacturer: PetSafe
- Weight: around 0.96 ounces
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 3.2 x 7 inches.
- Materials: FDA approved plastic, Dishwasher safe.
- Interactive toy that combines mealtime with playtime and makes our life more comfortable.
- Enhances the intellectual and physical skills of our cats through challenging interaction.
- It improves the digestion process through several small portion feeding.
- FDA approved plastic used to manufacture this product.
- Efficiently decreases excessive eating and helps in maintaining the weight of our beloved friend.
- Some cats find it difficult to understand the food retrieving process.
- Cats keep rolling it over, and have to find it every morning.
- Some colors are very dark and make it difficult for us to analyze how much food is left in it.
13. Catit Senses 2.0 Digger for Cats
- Manufacturer: Catit
- Weight: Around 15.4 ounces.
- Dimensions: 14.6 x 14.6 x 3.3 inches.
- Ingredients: Plastic (for tubes and body), rubber (mat).
- Great for providing treats and kibbles and is a unique cat toy.
- Activates our cat’s four senses, like smelling, sighting, touching, and tasting.
- Through small portion feeding, helps in controlling the optimum weight level of our beloved Bengal friends.
- Compatibility with other Catit senses 2.0 products to keep our cat’s entertained for a longer period of time.
- Tubes design makes the cleaning process smooth and easy.
- Some cats find it very difficult to retrieve their food from it.
- Some cats who don’t like to use their paws much find it irritating and often slash wildly at the tubes and hurt themselves.
Why an ample supply of toys?
As our beloved friends are highly intelligent, they easily get bored with traditional cat toys.
So, it is very important that you provide them toys that will not only keep them engaged, but will also challenge them to test their physical and mental abilities.
You might ask the question, “Which toys are best for my Bengal cat’s mental and physical well-being?
Things to Look for When Purchasing Toys for Your Bengal Cats
As we love our Bengal friends, their safety is of utmost importance when deciding on which toys to buy for them.
Continuous monitoring of their toys is essential.
Our Bengal friends, like other cats and kittens, unknowingly swallow small toys which can even cause death.
So, it is your responsibility to keep such toys away from their reach.
If your Bengal really likes a particular toy which has smaller pieces, then you should only let them play with those toys under your supervision.
Toys that have wires and strings should not be left alone with your beloved Bengal at any cost, as many cases have been reported that they get wrapped around their neck and eventually cause death.
Now, it’s your responsibility to provide your beloved Bengal friends a safe and durable interactive toy which challenges their mental and physical capabilities to keep them active and healthy.
How do I keep my active cat busy? You can easily keep your beloved Bengal friend active and happy, by providing them some entertainment in the following ways:
- Spend some time playing with them.
- Take them outside, but always keep them under your supervision.
- Provide them interactive toys which challenge their mental and physical capabilities, like food hunt, puzzles, etc.
- Let them watch some Cat TV programs and shows.
- Provide them exploration opportunities indoor with or without the help of toys.
How do you entertain a cat when you’re not home? You can easily keep your Bengal cat entertained by hiding a few dry treats inside the house and letting them use their hunting skills to reap the rewards for their hard work.
Treat dispensing toys available in the market are a great way to keep your cat entertained, as they provide mental and physical exercise. They also help in reducing weight problems, and improve the digestive system.
Always provide them interactive playtime, whenever you get home to strengthen your bond and keep them healthy and active.
Do indoor cats get bored? Yes, they get bored, and especially the Bengal cat’s as they are considered as one of the most active cats in the world.
For keeping your indoor cats healthy and active, it is your utmost responsibility to provide the means in the shape of toys to interact with them on the mental and physical level.
Numerous toys are available in the market which provide unique interactions like puzzle solving to get food, hunting, portable tunnels for your cats, and scratching pads to keep them engaged and active.