Based on our own experiences, we know how difficult it sometimes gets to select the best treats brand for our beloved pet.
The vast amount of options available in the marketplace can seem daunting, at times.
We decided to help you guys by reviewing some of the best brands available. This would help you narrow down your choices and make the best decision for your feline friend.
The following is the list of our top 7 choices in the cats treat brands.
The 7 Best Bengal Cat Treats
|Top Products||Rating||What We Like About This Product|
|1. Temptations Mixups Surfers’ Delight Cat Treats||4.8||Crafted with vitamins and taurine, fewer calories, great nutrition|
|2. Purina Friskies Party Mix Crunch Chicken Lovers Cat Treats||4.9||Crunchy bites, 100% complete nutrients, irresistible flavors|
|3. Greenies Feline Oven Roasted Chicken Flavor Adult Dental Cat Treats||4.7||Less than 2 calories per treat, balanced nutrition, excellent for dental health|
|4. DentaLife Savory Salmon Flavor Dental Cat Treats||4.6||Oral health care added calcium and taurine, scientifically designed for dental health|
|5. PureBites Chicken Breast Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Treats||4.5||High-protein, limited ingredient diet, grain-free recipe|
|6. Greenies Pill Pockets Feline Salmon Flavor Cat Treats||4.5||Moldable pill pockets, the best solution to give your cat medicines, made with natural ingredients|
|7. Greenies Feline SmartBites Hairball Control Tuna Flavor Cat Treats||4.7||Fiberblend formula, delicious dual-textured treats, complete and balanced snack|
1. Temptations Mixups Surfers’ Delight Cat Treats
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Chicken By-Product Meal, 2. Ground Corn, 3. Animal Fat, 4. Brewers Rice, 5. Wheat Flour
Temptations Classic Treat for Cats comes in a variety of flavors, like Catnip, Chicken, (Chicken, Catnip, Cheddar), (Chicken, Liver, Beef), Dairy, Salmon, Seafood Medley, Shrimp, and Tuna.
These cat treats are well balanced for adult cat maintenance and are 100% nutritionally complete. They come in a unique pocket shape that is soft and creamy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
With a calorie count of less than 2, these treats are perfect for the snack time of your Bengal cat. These treats come with a closable lid pack to keep the treats of your best friend fresh and healthy.
10 to 12 treats can be given daily to a 10 lbs cat.
The best scenario is to give these treats as snacks, and the total calories should not exceed 10% of the total daily caloric intake of your best friend in order, to keep him healthy and active.
If you are giving it as a meal to your Bengal cat, a ¼ cup of Temptations Classic Treat for Cats is equal to a ¼ cup of meaty selection food for cats.
You should provide fresh drinking water to your best friend at all times to keep him / her healthy.
- Fewer calories than most of the other available treats
- They have a wide variety of flavors, and our best friends just love them
- The unique shape of the crunchy outer part helps in controlling the tartar buildup
- These treats are 100% nutritionally complete
2. Purina Friskies Party Mix Crunch Chicken Lovers Cat Treats
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Chicken, 2. Chicken Meal, 3. Brewers Rice, 4. Chicken By-Product Meal, 5. Animal Fat
These treats contain less than two calories per treat, which helps in maintaining the weight of your beloved friend.
These treats are crunchy and very delicious, and our Bengal cats just love them. Purina Friskies Party Mix Adult Cat Treats helps to keep your cat’s teeth cleaned.
These treats come in a resealable container to keep your beloved friends treat fresh and always ready to start the party.
These treats should not be fed as a meal to your cats.
For every one pound of body weight feed 2 treats, and the total should not exceed to more than 10 treats per day.
The caloric intake from these treats should be under 10% of the cat’s total daily caloric requirements.
The amount of food should be reduced according to the treats intake to keep your loved one in shape and healthy, as they do tend to get overweight quickly.
- Variety in flavors with each bringing a unique and delicious taste
- Under 1.3 calories per treat to keep our friend’s diet in check
- Resealable container to keep the treats fresh, and ready for your loved one snack and party time
- Helps in cleaning our cat’s teeth
- Artificial flavors are used in the making of these treats
- Some treats are extra crunchy are hard to chew for our beloved friends
3.Greenies Feline Oven Roasted Chicken Flavor Adult Dental Cat Treats
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Chicken Meal, 2. Ground Wheat, 3. Brewers Rice, 4. Corn Gluten Meal, 5. Poultry Fat
Feline Greenies Dental Cat Treats Oven Roasted comes in four delicious flavors:
These treats are made from a natural formula, along with added vitamins, minerals, and taurine to offer complete nutrition to your loved one.
These treats come in a unique crunchy texture which helps in keeping the teeth clean.
These cat treats are proudly manufactured in the United States of America while sourcing quality ingredients around the world.
These treats help in reducing tartar buildup helps in keeping your best friend’s teeth clean, as well as serving as a breath freshener for your best friend.
Add as a snack to your cat’s daily diet.
To get the best dental benefit from these Feline Greenies Dental Treats, they should be fed daily to your best friend.
Shouldn’t exceed the 10% calorie intake of your cat’s daily caloric requirements.
The number of treats given should be compensated with a reduction in the meal to maintain the daily calorie intake.
- Natural formula with no artificial flavors used.
- Added vitamins, minerals and taurine to provide complete nutrition for your best friend.
- The unique crunchy shape which reduces tartar buildup cleans teeth, and freshen the breath of your Bengal cat.
- Fresh breath improves your cuddling time with your best friend.
- Key ingredients outsourced from around the world might reduce the freshness of the treats.
- Doesn’t fit well with all the cat’s digestive systems.
4. DentaLife Savory Salmon Flavor Dental Cat Treats
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Ground Yellow Corn, 2. Chicken Meal, 3. Corn Gluten Meal, 4. Animal Digest, 5. Animal Fat
Purina DentaLife Adult Cat Treats comes in two tasty flavors, namely chicken and salmon.
These treats come in jar’s, which helps in keeping them fresh and easy to give to your cat.
These treats have a more porous texture in comparison with other treats to effectively reduce the tartar buildup.
Purina DentaLife Adult Cat Treats are scientifically designed to penetrate the teeth of your best friend and effectively cleans them.
No artificial flavors or colors are used to make these treats, to make it healthy and nutritious for your loved one.
Add this as a treat to your adult cat’s daily diet, and do not consider it as a meal.
For best results, 17 treats should be given to your adult best friend weighing at least 5 pounds or more.
Please note that this treat is not for cats who weigh less than 5 pounds.
The treats should not exceed the 10% daily caloric intake of your best friend.
The number of treats should be adjusted with the meals to maintain a healthy diet for your loved one.
Store it in a dry and cool place, and reseal it immediately to keep the freshness.
- Scientifically designed to penetrate and effectively cleans the teeth of your loved one.
- Comes in a resealable jar to maintain the freshness of the treats.
- Are reasonable in price in comparison with other brands.
- No artificial colors or flavors used.
- Low in calories and full of healthy ingredients to fulfill your best friend’s nutritional needs.
- Lack of a variety of flavors in comparison with other treats manufacturers.
- Some cats didn’t like the taste of these treats.
- Some cats didn’t like these treats because of the more porous texture.
5. PureBites Chicken Breast Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Treats
Top Ingredients: 100% Pure USA Sourced & Made Human Grade Chicken Breast
PureBites Chicken Breast Freeze-Dried Treat Cats, as you can guess with the name is made of only one primary ingredient, which is chicken.
Other variants of PureBites Freeze-Dried Treats for Cats are available in Salmon, Shrimp, and Chicken breast & Catnip flavors.
These ingredients are 100% pure and are only sourced and made in the United States of America.
To lock the aroma, maintain the texture and freshness, these treats are freeze-dried Raw to provide the nutrients to your best friend.
These treats contain a high amount of protein, and all the flavors fall under the 3 calories mark per treat.
These treats are perfect for your best friend who has some health issues, like being overweight, gastrointestinal disorders, diabetic, or need to follow a restricted diet.
No specific directions for this treat as it’s only made with one healthy ingredient.
You should adjust the treats calorie intake with the daily meals to maintain a healthy diet for your beloved friend.
For health-related issues always consult first with a vet to keep your best friend healthy and energetic.
- These treats are made with 100% pure ingredients source within the US.
- No artificial flavors or colors.
- Easily digestible because of no added ingredients.
- Best for cats with health issues.
- Difficult to give it as a treat, as it crumbles most of the time due to its dry nature.
- Some of our best friends need variety in their snacks and sometimes refuse to eat it regularly.
- Price is on the higher side for the value you get in comparison with other brands.
6. Greenies Pill Pockets Feline Salmon Flavor Cat Treats
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Chicken, 2. Glycerin, 3. Wheat Flour, 4. Wheat Gluten, 5. Natural Salmon Flavor
Feline Greenies Pill Pockets Cat Treats comes in three different and tasty flavors:
- Tuna and Cheese
These treats are perfect for giving medicine to your feline friend.
We all know how hard it is to give medicine to our beloved friend.
These pill pocket treats hide the smell and taste of medicines in its own flavor and make your life easy.
These treats are effortless to use, you just have to place the medicine in the pocket, pinch it close and you are ready to give it to your feline friend.
Feline Greenies Pill Pockets Cat Treats are a vet recommended hack of pill giving to your cat that they will love and it makes your life stress free.
It’s a three-step process:
- Hold the treats between your thumb and forefinger and insert the medicine.
- Pinch it close using the same hand that you hold the treat in, as touching it with the other hand that held the medicine would transfer the smell of medicine.
- Once you have sealed the medicine in the treat, you are ready to give it to your best friend.
- Natural flavors are used for making these treats.
- Makes your life easy and less stressful.
- Easy to use by placing the medicine in the pocket shape, pinch it close and you are ready to give it to your feline friend.
- If you give it to your cat without medicine in it, they will quickly find out when you give medicine in it.
- Some cats don’t like the taste of these treats because of the medicines as compared to other brands.
7. Greenies Feline SmartBites Hairball Control Tuna Flavor Cat Treats
Top 5 Ingredients: 1. Chicken Meal, 2. Animal Fat, 3. Brewers Rice, 4. Ground Whole Wheat, 5. Wheat Flour
Feline Greenies Smartbites Cat Treats is available in five different flavors:
- Chicken-Hairball Control
No artificial ingredients and flavors/colors are used in making these treats.
These treats contain premium proteins.
It is specially designed in a dual-textured shape to prevent hairballs by veterinarians.
These treats contain a unique combination of plant-based fibers to improve the digestion and reduce the hairballs.
Your feline friend just loves the taste of these treats, and it is good for them as it improves their metabolism for better digestion.
These treats are for cats 1-year-old or older.
For the best results, you should feed 12 treats every day.
Compensate the amount of meal by the calories intake from the treats.
Keep monitoring your feline friend while feeding them treats.
Keep it in a cool and dry place and reseal it immediately to maintain the freshness of the treats.
Always provide fresh drinking water to your feline friend.
If there is no improvement in hairball reduction consult your veterinarian immediately.
Keep them far out of children’s and your feline friend’s reach.
- Variety in flavors that your feline friend loves.
- It is made with natural ingredients and high in premium proteins.
- Specially designed to minimize the hairball formation.
- Improves the metabolism of your feline friend.
- Difficult to give to cats with no or sensitive teeth, as you have to soak them in water first.
- Many cats don’t like the taste of these treats.
Recommended Diet for Bengal Cats
While it is highly recommended first to consult the veterinarian, following are few tips and tricks to keep your best friend in healthy and fit:
- Although proteins are the essential component of a Bengal cat diet, they should only be about 70% to 80% of their diet.
- The remaining should be made up of vitamins and minerals.
- Raw meats of chicken and turkey are best for their diet.
- Meats should be fresh and prepared correctly to avoid food poisoning and digestion problems.
- Diets should be monitored carefully, and adjustments should be made accordingly to avoid weight gains.
Attention & Treats
Being a Bengal cat owner, we love our fluffy friend and give them our utmost affection and attention.
They just crave for our attention, and we just cannot give enough to them, no matter how hard we try, they will always demand more.
Yes, we would like to increase our bonding with our fluffy friend more by giving them special treats.
But we have to carefully monitor the amount and health implications of those treats on our beloved friend.
How to Give Healthy Treats to Your Fluffy Friend?
You have to consider the following points while giving treats to your fluffy friend:
- First, you should check the label that your selected brand of treats is approved by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
- Then check the calories count per treat on the label to get a clear idea of how much calories you are feeding to your beloved friend.
- Food is an essential part of your cat’s diet, which provides all the proteins and other nutrients to keep it stay healthy and energetic.
- These treats should never be replaced with a food meal. Instead, they should be given occasionally to create a special place in your cat’s mind.
- They should be given in moderation to make them not want it as their meal.
- According to most experts, the treats should not exceed more than 10% of your beloved friend’s daily caloric intake.
- The remaining 90% should include a combination of high-quality protein, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients through cat food.
Few Extra Tips For Giving Treats to Your Bengal Cat
Keeping your beloved Bengal healthy, happy and to behave correctly is most important.
Following tips will help you create a strong bond with your beloved friend:
- Treats should be given as a novelty, we would suggest not more than 4 times a week.
- And every intake of these treats should not exceed the 10% caloric requirement, as prescribed by most of the veterinarians.
- Try to prepare food for your beloved friend by yourself to provide him/her with the best fresh and highly nutritious food.
- Just like we human need to avoid eating outdoor to stay healthy, it’s the same case with our beloved fluffy friend.
- All the toxic foods should be kept away from them. If you don’t know the foods that can be extremely toxic for your Bengal cat, we recommend consulting your veterinarian immediately.
- Give them treats to lighten up their mood after they have gone through something they don’t like which includes medications, claw trimmings, etc.
- You should not give them treats in place of their food when they are insisting as it is bad behavior and you must not encourage it.
- As they only add calories to your beloved friend’s diet, they should be kept at a moderate level. In case your cat becomes overweight, you should consult your veterinarian to devise a dieting plan.
- Bengal cats are one the greatest attention seekers. They can never get enough of it. You should always give them your love and attention to create a stronger bond with them, instead of just giving them treats.
- As we know how much of a challenge is to raise a Bengal kitten in comparison with its counterparts, therefore, we recommend you to understand their breeding history. This will help you provide them the right diet and lifestyle to make them healthy and happy.
Bengal Cats and Food Allergies
Nearly 10% of all the cats in the world are allergic to some foods.
Identifying the foods allergies of your beloved Bengal friend ahead of time is of utmost importance.
They are very similar to us in terms of allergic symptoms and will show the allergic signs that we humans show while eating the food we are allergic to.
Although, some issues persist like itchy skin are hard to identify on our fluffy friend.
The treatment is simple.
After proper identification of the symptom and the food/ingredient causing it, you just have to remove it from your best friend’s diet to avoid further complications.
Keeping your beloved Bengal friend safe and healthy is worth more than sticking to your reliable brand, or a little extra effort to prepare a healthy and allergy free meal for your best friend.
Things to avoid feeding your beloved Bengal Cat
A veterinarian should be consulted before making or adjusting your Bengal cat’s diet program.
They should only be fed with foods that are consistent with their diet after consultation with a veterinarian.
Following foods can be the cause of health-related problems to your precious Bengal friend:
- Raw Tomatoes & Potatoes: Glycoalkaloid present in these two vegetables can cause digestive problems in your Bengal cat.
- Snacks, Candies, gum, and baked goods: Xylitol a naturally occurring sweetener is found in these products and can cause a rapid drop in blood sugar levels of your Bengal cat.
- Chocolate: Theobromine which is present in chocolate, can be extremely poisonous for cats, and has resulted in deaths of many cats if not taken care of immediately.
- Raw eggs: Eating raw eggs can cause food poisoning due to bacteria found in eggs called salmonella.
- Alcohol: All the foods, liquor containing alcohol should be avoided, as they can cause fatal damage to your cat’s brain and liver.
- Caffeine: It is extremely toxic for your cat, especially when the amount of consumption is large. It can cause serious health issues for your beloved friend.
- Yeast dough: the consumption amount should be minimal, as it produces alcohol when ingested by your feline friend, which can result in various health-related issues.
- Bones: Bones should be kept away from the reach of your beloved friend. They can cause it to choke or even block its intestinal tract, which will lead to intestine problems.
- Liver: Small amount of liver can easily be consumed by the Bengal cats. But too much consumption can affect the bones of your cat by triggering the vitamin A toxicity.
- Avocado: A toxic substance called ‘person’ which is found in avocados can cause serious health issues for your beloved friend.
- Macadamia nuts: High amount of fats present in macadamia nuts are responsible for causing discomfort and pain in your cat’s stomach. This can lead to diarrhea and vomiting.
What food is best for Bengal cats?
Due to their feral appearance, Bengal cats have become the new cool kid of the block. They need special food that is high on proteins to meet their dietary requirements.
Fresh raw meat of chicken & turkey prepared correctly is highly recommended.
Purina Pro Plan Dry cat food, Royal Canin Health Nutrition Instinctive Thin Slice in Gravy Canned Food and Wellness Pet Food are some of the best available on the market.
How much should you feed a Bengal kitten?
Your kittens can eat around 3 cans of 3 oz per day, and by the 12th week, you should start the transition to make them eat more dry food and less wet food.
From the 16th week, wet food intake can be limited to just 5.5 Oz a day and the remaining should be fed in shape of dry food to meet their daily intake.
Do Bengal kittens make good pets?
Yes, they can be a great fit into your life, they are beautiful, intelligent, active, energetic, have a wild-like fur coat which makes them more adorable.
They love their owners and can sometimes play games like fetch and follow which are common in the dogs.
These were our top 7 picks for the best treats for Bengal Cats along with their features, pros & cons, and directions to use.
After a thorough review of all the features and based on the personal experience with our Bengal cats, Temptations Classic Treats for Cats is on the top of the pile.
Due to its tasty and delicious variety in flavors, our Bengal cats just adore these treats and come running towards us by just shaking the pack.
These treats meet all the criteria’s, like low on calories, 100% nutritionally complete and the use of ingredients of high quality.
It is also the # 1 brand of cat treats in America. (Based on the sales data on amazon.com)