Toys are recreational materials which are essential for the nourishment of both brain and body.
They are highly crucial for nearly all the species nowadays, especially if they are being confined to certain limits like pets.
Rabbits are active animals with high energy, which has to be unleashed timely to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
For rabbits, toys are a source of mental stimulation because they use brain skills like analysis, strategy, and critical thinking.
Playing around with toys also increases your rabbit’s physical activity, which prevents the accumulation of excess unhealthy fats.
Moreover, rabbits who are unable to find sufficient sources of distraction may turn to playing with your ornaments and furniture.
To avoid this scenario, people bunny proof their houses by creating diversions through toys.
Nowadays, toys such as tunnels and bridges are being manufactured to fulfill your rabbit’s requirements efficiently and exploit the maximum benefits of toys.
|Products||Collapsible|| Ease of use |
|Natural Living Bridge||Yes||Yes|
|Naturals Woven Jumbo Rabbit Play Tunnel||No||Yes|
|Premium Three way Extensible Tunnel||Yes||Yes|
|Extending and bendy bunny warren||Yes||Yes|
|Foldable Tube Tunnel with Central Mat||Yes||No|
|Yosooo Portable Tunnel||Yes||Yes|
If you’re buying toys to provide physical activity to your rabbits, you might also want to consider buying them an exercise pen.
Check out our rundown on the best rabbit exercise pens in the market.
1. Fun Tunnel
By Ware Manufacturing Inc.
- Material: Plastic
- Dimensions: 30 × 8 × 8 Inches ( W × D × H )
- Product Weight: 6 Ounces
- Fun Tunnel is made from stain resistant durable plastic.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- The collapsible design of the Fun Tunnel makes storage easy and convenient.
- The lightweight Fun Tunnels may make a lot of noise when sliding over hard surfaces.
- Fun Tunnel’s plastic may prove to be dangerous for your rabbit if it chews on the edges.
2. Natural Living Bridge
By Trixie Pet Products
- Material: Natural Coniferous Wood
- Dimensions: 11 × 6.7 × 4 Inches ( L × W × H )
- Product Weight: 15 Pounds
- The product is relatively safe as it does not use resin or toxic glue. Thus, it can be used as a chewing toy.
- It comes in different sizes so that it is multipurpose and not just for rabbit only. This promotes interaction of your rabbit with other animals around.
- Being flexible, it can be changed into a bridge, tunnel, or any other form which keeps playtimes interesting. Also, the rabbit’s need for different kinds of toys is fulfilled.
- There have been concerns regarding the size of the bridge. It seems to be fit for the use of small rabbits and small litter only.
- Some sellers use toxic paints and chemicals for preservation, which can be dangerous for your rabbit.
- The faint but sickening odor of the product has troubled many buyers.
3. Naturals Woven Jumbo Rabbit Play Tunnel
- Material: Handwoven Bulrush
- Dimensions: 50×22×22 cm (L×W×H)
- Product Weight: 154 grams
- This jumbo play tunnel has been adored widely due to its durability. The natural materials are weather resistant and long lasting.
- Even without the use of glue or metal, the structure is solid and supports heavy rabbits efficiently.
- The diameter of the tunnel is big enough for large rabbit breeds like Mini Lop.
- The presence of holes makes use and maintenance easy.
- The product is not collapsible; thus, difficulty in storage may arise.
4. Premium Three Way Extensible Tunnel
- Material: Polyester Fiber and steel wire
- Dimensions: 11×11.4×1.2 inches (L×W×H)
- Product Weight: 2 ounces
- Being Collapsible, it can be carried along anywhere. Thus, storage is not a problem here.
- The product is multipurpose and can be used for cats, puppies, and other small animals too.
- It has a hole in the middle which provides adequate ventilation.
- Rabbits love to chew, and they may chew the tunnel. Thus, it may have to be replaced frequently.
5. Extending & Bendy Bunny Warren
By Snuggle Safe
- Material: Polyethylene
- Dimensions: 9×7.1×7.9 inches (L×W×H)
- Product Weight: 8 ounces
- The product is made to be weather resistant. Hence, it is long lasting and durable.
- Storage is not an issue as it is collapsible.
- Being washable, the bunny burrow is easy to use and maintain.
- Also, it is flexible and bendable which allows the owner to create different types of burrow for the rabbit.
- Rabbits are ferocious nibblers and may chew up the thin burrow causing severe health issues and even death.
6. Foldable Tube Tunnel with Central Mat
- Material: Cloth
- Dimensions: 5×16.5×11 inches (L ×W ×H)
- Product Weight:98 pounds
- It is collapsible which allows easy storage and can be taken anywhere.
- The product has been made to accommodate many pets; thus, it is incredibly spacious.
- It is manufactured from a durable and strong cloth and withstands bunny’s scratching and chewing.
- Foldable Tube Tunnel is designed especially for small pets and cannot be used for large rabbit breeds.
- Being a circular tube with only one outlet, it is difficult to use and maintain. Also, it doesn’t have adequate ventilation.
7. Yosooo Portable Tunnel
- Material: Polyester with steel wire
- Dimensions: 550 cm length and 60 cm diameter
- Product Weight: 3.85- 2.3 kg
- It is portable and foldable thus can be stored without inconvenience. Also, it can be taken anywhere to play with.
- It is made from waterproof material.
- The product is also easy to use due to its great flexibility.
- The large size makes washing difficult if the pets have soiled it.
8. Study Kitchen Pet Tunnel
By Study Kitchen
- Material: Polyester fiber
- Dimensions: 50×25 cm (L×W)
- It is incredibly flexible and can be folded into a neat bundle.
- Polyester fabric is easy to clean and maintain.
- The product is heat resistant, which increases durability.
- Wide openings provide adequate ventilation.
- It is available in a smaller size and may not fit some bunnies easily.
9. Quadrangle Side Collapsible Tunnel
- Material: Polyester and sprung-steel frame
- Diameter 25cm
- Length 65cm
- Product Weight: 500 grams
- It is durable as it is made up of ultra-strong and tear-resistant polyester which is wrapped around a sprung steel frame with protective ends.
- As the name suggests, it is collapsible and portable
- It provides adequate ventilation.
- It is an elaborate tunnel which makes it challenging to wash and maintain.
10. Hand Woven Rabbit Nest
- Material: Straw and corn husk
- Tunnel socket 23×20×16 cm (L×W ×H)
- Square House 30×30×20 cm (L×W ×H)
- Slipper nest 27×23×15 cm (L×W ×H)
- Product Weight: 400 gm
- The hand-woven rabbit nest made from natural materials which can also serve as a chewing toy.
- It is a multipurpose nest which can be used by your little fluffy buddy to play, sleep, and chew.
- It is foldable and can be stored with ease.
- Fine artistry ensures high durability, which withstands heavy pets too.
- It is spacious enough to allow large pets especially rabbits to sleep in comfortably.
- Being hand knitted , there is a possibility of size errors.
- If the product is not managed with care, then mold and germs can set in creating health issues for your pet. The nest should be frequently kept in sunlight and provided with adequate ventilation.
11. SODIAL Tunnel Tubes
- Material: Cloth
- Dimensions: 50 cm (L)
- Product Weight: 120 grams
- SODIAL tunnel tubes are foldable and prevent storage easy.
- The product can be machine washed, which makes cleaning and maintenance convenient.
- It can also be used for pets like ferrets.
- Only suitable for small pets and small rabbit breeds.
12. Tunnel Haven
By Tunnel Haven
- Material: Cardboard
- Dimensions: 48×18×14 inches (L×W ×H)
- Product Weight: 05 lbs.
- The Tunnel Haven can be collapsed into 7 inches bundle and stored or transported conveniently.
- Cardboard is easily digested if chewed in comparison to other materials like cloth.
- It has great flexibility and is more comfortable to use.
- It can be used for other animals too.
- Cardboard is not water resistant and may be damaged.
- The tunnel is steady and retains its shape on cloth flooring rather than on other smooth floorings.
13. Living World Hagen Pet Tunnel
By Living World
- Material: Polyester fabric and steel wire
- Dimensions: 1×9×9 inches (L × W × H )
- Product Weight: 4 ounces
- The tunnel is made up of polyester fabric, which is more comfortable to wipe and clean.
- The usage of steel wire provides the structure with sturdiness and durability.
- It can be folded into a neat small bundle for easy storage.
- The central opening provides adequate ventilation.
- It does not support bunnies more than 6 to 7 pounds.
- The metal wires may get exposed due to the rabbit’s ferocious chewing.
How to choose a rabbit toy?
Choosing the right toys for your rabbit can become a little tricky if certain factors are not kept into consideration.
Rabbits enjoy playing with colorful baby toys and wooden cat toys as long as they are not large or noisy enough to scare them. Rabbits also like toys which move easily and roll like balls.
However, ensure that the toys do not have any chewable or toxic part, which can cause a choking hazard. Purchase separate toys for chewing purposes.
Once at a pet store, look for things which you can add to the bunny ‘s cage to make it more exciting and playful. Try out the following additions:
- Hiding Spots
How to play with your rabbit?
Rabbits have a natural tendency to socialize. Thus, they appreciate their owner’s attention.
To improvise your rabbit’s play-time, a few tips can be put into effect by the owner.
Firstly, toys and games should be picked according to the rabbit’s temperament. A calm rabbit will surely not enjoy playing with a noisy rattle ball.
Try out planning a schedule for your little fellow by deciding a fixed frequency and time duration of playing a day. This will help you organize your daily route and in raising a disciplined rabbit.
Never force your rabbit to play and do not bother if it is involved in other activities like eating, grooming, etc. This attitude can lead to the weakening of your bond with your bunny.
However, if it’s in a cage, then you can signal play time by opening the door.
It is essential to create a comfortable environment for your pet, especially if it’s newly taken under care.
This can be done by crouching to the same level as your rabbit.
Demonstration of physical affection such as an allowance to sit on the lap can strengthen your relationship with your bunny.
With some patience and time, your fluffy pet will soon start initiating the play time itself by circling your legs or tugging at your clothes.
Why is my Rabbit not playing with anything? There are several reasons to consider behind such behavior like:
- Boredom or depression
- Breed and personality
- Past and adulthood
A majority of rabbits stop playing when they are suffering from boredom or depression.
This can be due to a lack of appreciation and interaction with the owner as well as a poor variety of toys.
Some rabbits do not play largely because of their breed characteristics and personality.
They possess calm, quiet, and a less active nature such as Mini Rex.
Generally, a rabbit’s physical activity decreases with age.
On the other hand, some simply do not play due to their past bad experiences or do not like changes.
A newly adopted or bought rabbit may show similar behavior. In both cases, they should be given time to adjust.
Are stuffed toys dangerous for rabbits? Giving toys to your pet rabbit is to make up for a real playmate and to keep it healthy and happy at all times.
To make up for a real playmate, there is no better toy than a stuffed one because they love it!
Thus, you should buy a small stuffed toy so that it is easier to carry around. Additionally, you should check the materials the toy is made up of before purchasing the toy.
Generally, the stuffing is made up of toxic fiber, which is not digestible. Your bunny’s system might get blocked up and cause a severe threat to life. Thus, stuffed toys should be given to play under strict supervision.
What happens if a rabbit eats plastic? Rabbits love to chew and nibble. They chew nearly everything that they find, and this can sometimes include plastic as well.
However, plastic is extremely toxic to them. In fact, a lot of the common foods that are fed to rabbits are toxic to these furballs. Check out our list of 120 rabbit foods that you should know.
Plastic is, by all means, dangerous for every animal, and that includes rabbits as well. If your rabbit accidentally swallows a big piece of plastic or hard plastic, it is likely for it to choke on the plastic.
However, even if the piece of plastic is small or soft, it may not be able to move through the digestive tract leading to obstruction, irritation, and pain. This may cause the following:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
If you notice any of these signs in your rabbit, you should immediately take him to the vet.