Are you worried about your Bengal cat getting obese day by day and are looking for a reliable solution?
You will read a lot on this topic with many people suggesting a change in the cat’s diet plan and others highlighting the importance of taking your cat for a walk.
However, the most effective and easy way to help your cat avoid obesity is using a cat wheel. Running will not only be an easy way to regulate your pet, but it will also produce quicker results.
Still confused on which wheels to use?
Here we will highlight the 7 best exercise wheels we found for your cat.
The Best Cat Wheels for Bengal Cats
Are you just in a rush and want to make a quick decision about which wheel you should purchase for your cat?
The table below considers two factors:
- Wheel Size
- It’s availability on amazon.com
|Name of the Wheel||The diameter of the wheel||Available on Amazon|
|Ferris Cat Wheel from ZiggyDoo ||48-inch wheel||Yes|
|One Fast Cat Wheel||48-inch wheel||Yes|
|Cat in motion running Wheel||52-inch wheel||Yes|
|The Maclaw Cat Wheel||Varies according to customization||No|
|Catwheel II by Catswall design||48-inch wheel||Yes|
|Go Cat Wheel||48-inch wheel||No|
|Hoiru Cat Wheel||42-inch wheel||No|
If you’re a new Bengal cat owner, you should also check out our rundown of the top 20 products that every Bengal owner should have.
1. Ferris Cat Wheel From ZiggyDoo
- The wheel has a 48-inch diameter which is large enough to make sure that spinal curvature is avoided while walking or running
- The wheel is available in a variety of colors and sizes.
- Available in a medium and a large size depending upon the size of your cat.
- Wheelbase skate wheels are positioned within the wheelbase legs (not exposed) for the safety of cats and children on and around the wheel.
- Right size at 51” in diameter (Full 48″ inner diameter) and has a 12.25” wide running track
- Designed for pets up to 25 pounds
- Easy to put together – comes with everything you need and also has easy-to-follow YouTube videos prepared by ZiggyDoo.
- Latest model G5 is really easy to put together – the white wheel pieces slide into position (no hammering mallet is needed) and then reinforced with bolts which makes the wheel strong and sturdy.
- It lets your cat enter from either side
- Sleek modern design that’s lightweight which makes it easy to move wherever you want, and it looks great
- 6 different skate
- Some cats don’t seem to like it and ignore it. You’ll need to train them (but ZiggyDoo will provide help and advice as required)
- More expensive than One Fast Cat (but built differently in design and materials and also much cheaper than other wheels)
2. One Fast Cat Exercise Wheel
- It uses a hubless design without spokes to keep your cat safe.
- The four supporting wheels allow the wheel to move freely.
- Its stand uses two flaps to cover the ball bearing rollers that it runs on which prevent any potential snagging in the wheel.
- It is available with a range of different treads available including leopard skin, blue and black.
- The wheel measures 132cm x 122cm x 30.5cm (the wheel diameter is 122cm, 132cm is the total height including the stand).
- The wheel diameter is 9cm narrower than the Cat in Motion wheel so if you are struggling to work out where to squeeze your cat’s wheel into your home the One Fast Cat Wheel will give you a bit of extra wiggle room.
- The cats using this wheel are reported to be healthier.
- It is a market leader
- The product is cost effective without compromising on the quality
- A better understanding of our pets
- This gives it a slightly different appearance; however, the noise levels and general levels of performance and durability are much the same.
- Generally, the One Fast Cat should easily last a couple of years with regular use, making it, even more, cost-effective.
- Assembling the wheel can be a slightly more laborious task
- The running can become a little monotonous for the cat
- The pet owner and the pet both need proper training for the wheel actually to be used effectively.
- However, the one part which is most likely to need replacing eventually is the aluminum bar thread which connects the wheels stands together to provide stability to the wheel. It actually takes the brunt of the movement, which is why is it likely to be the first piece to wear out.
3. The Cat in Motion Running Wheel
- The size and curvature of the wheel is designed specifically so that no strain is placed on your cat’s back while using it
- The elegant cat exercise wheel comes from a Canadian Cat Company.
- It is made from lightweight, yet sturdy materials that can take plenty of use.
- Weighing only 12.2kg It is easy to move around, and also very simple to deconstruct which is handy because it does take up a good bit of space measuring 131cm x 144cm x 31cm (the wheel diameter is 131cm, 144cm is the total height including the stand).
- The tread is available in a range of different colors including; anthracite, grey, maroon, and chestnut red.
- The design helps it in providing increased safety.
- Easy to move around.
- Minimal operational noise thanks to ball bearings.
- Secure hold thanks to running surfaces made of high-quality EVA foam.
- Easy-care materials and construction for easy cleaning.
- Slightly expensive compared to One Fast Cat
- Not as many reviews available online.
For further assistance, visit their website.
4. The Maclaw Cat wheel
- The average wheel measures 48 inches in diameter
- It is available in different colors as it is a completely customized product. Similar is the case of its size too.
- Another feature that this wheel possesses is that it does not have a backboard.
- Once each wheel is completed and assembled, it is put through rigorous testing in the final finish area.
- This is done by their very own testing team of cats which live and work with them. Only then, is the wheel dismantled and packed securely.
- The company uses a standard packing process. This process has been proven by the safe delivery of their wheels worldwide.
- A wide running surface, which allows two cats to use the wheel side by side
- 3 spoke designs that attract your cat’s attention when in motion.
- A rubber running surface, providing durability and easy cleaning.
- Safety covers over the front and back of the turning mechanism.
- A wooden structure, designed to give a springboard effect for cats that like to sprint.
- Sturdy construction which can bear a weight of up to 12kg.
- Might prove to be slightly expensive due to heavy customization.
For further details, visit their website.
5. Catwheel 2 by Catswall Design
- Its stable base supports the 48-inch wheel.
- The measurements of the base are:
- 90cm(L) X 30.4cm(W) X 26.2cm(H) / 35.43″(L) X 11.97″(W) X 10.32″(H).
- Weight: Wheel: about 12.5 Kg /27.6lb Base: about 11.5 Kg / 25.4lb
- The design is really quite brilliant: a large circular piece lined with a colorful textured surface sits on top of a streamlined base.
- The circular piece spins quite easily as kitty steps forward.
- Catswall design has used MDF board, PVC woven fabric, and PVC veneer for making their brand-new cat-wheel.
- Available in an attractive green colour.
- The brand-new design of the wheel base can minimize the noise while running.
- Changing the structure and positions of loading casters have helped increase the stability and reduce the possibility of wobbling.
- Coating with scratch-resistant paint to lower damages caused by an accidental collision.
- Simplified the packaging from two cartons into one carton to save transportation costs
- No wheel shaft drive – depends on skateboard type wheels that do not move the wheel very well, if at all
- Contact paper covers the “ring” or wheel, and huge bubbles from the glue holding the contact paper in place renders the wheel useless
- The contact paper has two ends that should be seamless, but are not, both inside and out, making it difficult for the wheel to turn
- The wheels or casters in the base, which are supposed to turn the wheel, do not work as they should, making the wheel difficult to turn
According to some reviews, the wheel is not as cat-friendly as it claims to be.
Very expensive when compared to the others.
6. Go Cat WheelKey Facts:
- The wheel is available in Blue, Red, Teal, White, or Yellow.
- The measurements of the wheel are as follows:
- Overall Diameter: 49-inch (125cm)
- Assembled Height: 51-inch(130cm)
- Wheel Weight: 11.0lbs. (5.0kg)
- Base Weight: 16.6lbs. (7.5kg)
- Assembled Weight: 27.6lbs. (12.5kg)
- Boxed Dimensions: 36” x 14” x 15” (91.4X35.6X38cm)
- Shipping Weight: 36.5lb. (16.5kg)
- The Base is made of heavy 3/4″ MDF with Melamine finish for easy cleaning.
There are 12 sealed ball bearing rollers. The Load is evenly distributed to 8 vertical rollers for a smoother and quieter ride, and the 4 horizontal rollers keep the Wheel on the Base even at galloping speed of most active cats.
- The horizontal rollers are spring loaded to keep the wheel running true, and it would not come off the base unless you want to remove it
- The Base is shipped fully assembled.
- The Wheel is constructed with laminated hollow structure plastic, and the rims are injection molded high-grade plastic.
- No tools are required to assemble the wheel. Everything needed is in the box, including an easy-to-follow Assembly Instruction with pictures
- Slightly more expensive than the other cat-wheels.
- Not as popular as the other brands
7. Hoiru Cat Wheel
- Design: Over-sized wheel turns as the cat runs, walks or plays. Made carefully by hand.
- Materials: The base of the wheel is made using oak and scratching felt.
- Dimensions: The base is 35 inches high, 15.5 inches long and 8.5 inches high.
- The wheel has a diameter of 42 inches and 45 inches high. The body of the wheel is also 14.5 inches wide to give your pet ample amount of running space.
- Color Available in neutral colors
- The wide base provides more safety to our cat
- Very easy to assemble
- A well trusted and reliable product
- Easy maintenance
- It can cater to a Cat of any size
- Its unique design distinguishes from the other wheels
- Though reliable, the product is too expensive
- Not as popular in the market as the other wheels
To order the product online, visit their website.
Cat Exercise Wheel-DIY
Are you still concerned because you’re not willing to spend such a large amount of money on a cat-wheel?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered as well.
A great option for people with a low budget is to design their own cat wheel.
There are countless tutorials available online on how to make one. You can make one for around $60, provided you don’t have to spend extra on buying the necessary tools.
Most homemade wheels will be a bit noisier than a professionally designed one, so if silence is something you value, then it may be better to stick with a commercial option.
More importantly, if the task is not performed carefully, the wheel’s design might be affected.
This, in turn, can affect the safety of the wheel and can also lead to your pet getting seriously injured while running.
If your cat is overweight, try reducing its calorie intake and getting it used to running on an exercise wheel.
For this, you should first get it working on a special diet as mentioned in this article.
Precisely, letting your cat remain obese is never a get choice.
So, hurry up, make your decision, and bring a new wheel home for your wonderful pet.
Do Cat-Wheels Work? Some cats take to exercise wheels very quickly while others take time.
However, no matter what their breed or energy level, cats may need training and time before they begin to use an exercise wheel.
Be patient and use enticements such as sprinkling catnip on the wheel, offering tasty treats, or sparking their interest with a feather toy.
Are Bengal Cats Fast? Like most housecats, Bengals can run between 30 and 35 miles per hour. But, let’s take a closer look at exactly how fast Bengal cats can run.
Are cat wheels safe? Safety is always a concern, but for cats, so is obesity. One Fast Cat’s exercise wheel is designed to improve felines’ physical and mental health without having them go outside.
The wheel is designed for cats that do not exceed 25 lbs. As for whether or not they are well designed, that’s going to vary by the wheel.
How many calories will my cat burn? There is actually very little research into the number of calories pets burn doing exercise.
However, what we do know is that the average cat weighing roughly 4.5kg will need to consume 200 calories a day to maintain a healthy weight.