Stuck with a lazy cat?
Looking for a way to get your fluffy friend to move?
What about an exercise wheel?
Lucky for you, i have identified the top 10 best cat exercise wheels that you can use. An exercise wheel is important for overweight cats and those that have too much energy that needs to be put in a positive direction.
So, what are you waiting for? Keep reading and discover the most amazing exercise wheels in the market.
The Top Five
|One Fast Cat Exercise Wheel||Low||25 pounds|
|Go Pet Petrun Pr700||Small||44 pounds|
|CatWheel by Catswall Design||Medium||55 pounds|
|CanadianCat Company Cat in Motion||Low||27 pounds|
|Toy-Go-Round Cat Exercise Wheel||Medium||50 pounds|
1. One Fast Cat Exercise Wheel
Product Size: 132cm x 122cm x 30.5cm
Color: Green, Coal Grey, Black
Diameter: 48 inches
Weight Applicable: 25 pounds
- The wheel can be used for other small pets like hamsters or possums.
- It is the perfect alternative for exercising outdoors.
- Unlike most exercise wheels, it doesn’t make a lot of noise.
- Thanks to the sturdy and stable design, it will not fall down to either side.
- Assembling the product can be a challenge, but if done correctly, the product can last for an extended period of time.
- Once the cats are trained, they utterly fall in love with the exercise wheel.
- When the cat runs, it will barely make any noise.
- People do find it challenging to assemble the wheel entirely. Due to this reason, it either ends up broken or falls apart when a cat is riding the wheel.
- The base screws are of poor quality. They often get holes when you have cats with sharp nails.
- The exercise wheel is made out of EVA foam that is soiled by water when you clean it.
- At times of assembling the product, there are some instances when some pieces are missing.
- There are cracks between the cat exercise wheel, which makes it difficult for some cats to run properly.
- Some pieces might break while assembling the product.
- For large cats, due to too much friction, the wheel doesn’t budge when they try to run.
- As the exercise wheel is made out of fiberglass, which is not environmental friendly; it can harm you and your cat’s health.
- There is not enough space for a medium to the large-sized cat.
2. Go Pet Petrun Pr700 Dog Treadmill Indoor Exercise / Fitness Kit – For Dogs Up to 44 Pounds
Measure: 15 x 81 x 50 inches
Dimensions: 28 inches long, 16 inches wide
Weight Applicable: 44 pounds
- The treadmill is shipped to your doorsteps assembled. You will not have to spend hours figuring out how to put it together.
- Your cat can run as much as it wants because it makes very little noise.
- The treadmill can easily hold any large cat because the weight applicable to the treadmill is 44 pounds.
- Considering the wide space, more than one cat can run at the same time.
- Compared to most exercise wheels, the treadmill is easier to clean.
- You will have to place it somewhere a power cord can be plugged in because it runs on electricity.
- Your cat can scratch out the rubber mat surface, and ruin the aesthetic design.
- If your cat is well behaved and it doesn’t scratch it out, the running mat might rub against the metal and get ruined.
- The treadmill might be a tad overpriced, considering there are better options out there.
- Once the exercise is over, you need to be careful at helping the cat get off.
- Using it at a high-speed could also be dangerous for the majority of the cats, they’d either fall or get caught on the sides, which we’d want to avoid at all costs.
- As the treadmill is designed for dogs, it has some added friction. Due to the increased friction, it might be difficult for kittens or small cats to use this treadmill.
3. CatWheel II by Catswall Design
Product Size: 132cm x 122cm x 30.5cm
Color: Orange, Green
Weight applicable: 55 pounds
- The new design works really well in canceling out the noise.
- It is large enough for multiple cats to use at the same time.
- You will not have to waste time or struggle with broken/ missing pieces because it will arrive at your doorstep fully assembled.
- The PVC material is smooth and strong. Due to the smooth surface, it is easy to clean.
- When assembled correctly, the product could last a long time.
- The new aesthetic design won’t be a plain-looking addition to your home.
- You don’t have to assemble the product at home.
- A large concern is that there is no wheel shaft drive. It uses skateboard wheels to turn the exercise wheel. The wheel shaft drive lets the cats run seamlessly.
- The exercise wheel is made from a contact paper that sticks to one another with glue. Bubbles in the glue render the entire wheel useless.
- Due to the contact paper design, the wheel ha a lot of friction, resulting in difficulty to turn.
- As a result of the poor design, the cats can barely manage to run.
- Disappointingly, the colors are only limited to orange and green.
4. Canadian Cat Company Cat in Motion – Running wheel for cats
Product Size: 132cm x 122cm x 30.5cm
Color: Anthracite, Grey, Maroon
Diameter: 31 cm
Weight Applicable: 12.2kg/ roughly 27 pounds
- Let your cat run as much as it wants, without having to wear noise cancelers.
- The EVA foam material is actually easy to clean the fur.
- The size of the exercise wheel is large enough for two small cats to ride side by side.
- It is easy to clean out the fur without having to worry if they are stuck somewhere.
- Furthermore, you do not have to worry about the water damaging the wheel. It is made of excellent and durable quality.
- The exercise wheel is unstable and wobbly due to which it could fall over.
- The instructions to assemble the product come in German, which made it all the more difficult to put it together.
- The design is not sturdy enough; it requires a couple of touchups.
- The surface of the exercise wheel get easily scratched and ruin the aesthetic design
- There are roller blades used for the exercise wheel, due to which it is impossible for the cat to exercise correctly.
- Cats can scratch into the foam very easily and thus ruin the exercise wheel.
- Though small cats can use it easily, but it is not recommended for larger cats. There is not enough space, and it cannot handle their weight.
5. Toy-Go-Round Cat Exercise Wheel
Product Size: 43 x 11 x 43 inches
Weight Applicable: 50 pounds
- Due to the industrial design, the exercise wheel is durable. Many of my friends agree they’ve been using it for the past 3 to 5 years.
- Nearly three cats can use the exercise wheel at the same time. That’s a lot of space for your cat to run freely.
- It is made from eco-friendly material as a contribution to environmental sustainability.
- You won’t hear a thing while your cat goes wild running on the exercise wheel.
- No longer will you have to worry about cleaning a wheel with water. The material of this exercise wheel is water-resistant.
- The wheel can fall on the side because it is a bit wobbly.
- When the wheel doesn’t fall over, the ball bearings break, and it becomes unusable.
- Over time, you’ll feel irritated as it can get noisy when the cat uses the wheel.
- The surface is a bit slippery, so there is a danger that your cat will fall in the middle of a run.
- The surface is not so scratch-resistant, so there is a high chance that your cat will leave some scratches.
- The size is big enough for a medium cat to run on its own, but it could be wider for larger cats.
- There is no variety in colors, and it has a plain and simple look. With that huge size in the middle of your lounge, it can be a distraction from other good things in your house.
6. Pet Furniture, Cat Climbing Frame Cat Litter Cat Climbing Wheel Cat Running Machine Against Wall Cat Toy
Product Size: 80cm x 96cm x 44.5cm
Material: Pine and linen
Diameter: Around 35cm
- The exercise wheel is fixed into the wall, to give it stability from falling off while the cat runs.
- Moreover, the wheel turns smoothly, without any friction.
- The scratch-resistant material really works well for the cat. Thus, maintaining the aesthetic look.
- It is actually easy to clean out the fur because of the sleek health plate.
- The cat fur sheds and sticks to the wheel, which makes a whole mess.
- When the cat is using the wheel, you can hear the noise while sitting in the next room.
- The exercise wheel is not large enough for medium to large cats.
- Though it is scratch-resistant, after a couple of months of use, you can start to see the claws etched in the surface.
- As the surface is slippery, the cat might slip and hurt itself in the middle of a run.
- The quality of the product is poor as it can be damaged after you clean it with water for some time.
7. Mishap Pet Furniture, Cat Climbing Frame Cat Litter Cat Furniture Cat Climbing Wheel Cat Treadmill
Product Size: 80cm x 96cm x 44.5cm
Material: Pine, Solid Wood, Natural Sisal
Diameter: Around 35cm
- The cats can use it as a great scratching toy to occupy themselves. This feature actually attracts the cat more, rather than the wheel.
- As described, it is also a great tool for the cat to grind.
- The treadmill design is immune to the water, which does increase its durability to some extent.
- Mishap’s cat climbing wheel can last for a long time thanks to the sturdy ropes and treadmill.
- The cat will enjoy scratching the base more than it will like to run on it.
- Once the threads are out, it can be a challenge for the cats to run on it regularly.
- The product is made of poor quality because the wheel falls off the frame, and you can no longer use it.
- Additionally, your medium to large cats does not have enough space to run.
- Though it is water-resistant, when the fur gets stuck to the treadmill surface, it can be difficult to clean.
- It is difficult for some cats to run on the exercise wheel as it has a lot of friction while turning the wheel.
8. GoPet Treadwheel ToySmall
Product Size: 19 x 42 x 45 inches
Color: Black, red, blue, green
Diameter: 40 cm
Weight Applicable: 25 pounds
- It is a large exercise wheel for multiple cats to run along at the same time.
- As the exercise wheel can hold up to 25 pounds for your small to medium-sized cats.
- Contrary to what it may seem, when cats use it, the exercise wheel doesn’t make any noise.
- The exercise wheel is built strong and sturdy, so it won’t fall over while your cat is running.
- Considering the price, GoPet offers really good benefits.
- The treadwheel comes with a detachable door that you can use to keep the cat from escaping. This could help you train the cat to use the exercise wheel.
- It can be hard for the cat to run, as there is too much friction.
- The fur left behind by the cat can be difficult to clean because it sticks to the surface.
- A cat can scratch or claw at the surface meant for comfortability.
- The hooks to the door are loose, rendering the door useless.
- The wheel makes a lot of noise when the cat is running. You have been warned!
- The design is a bit bleak compared to other options, so it won’t compliment the furniture at home.
- It cannot withstand the weight of a large cat running. There is an easy fix. You could get the same exercise wheel in a larger size.
9. L&XY Cat Scratch Board Cat Exercise Wheel Cat Tree Climbing House Running Spinning Toy For Cats
Product Size: Small – 61 x 29 x 58 cm, Large – 73 x 36 x 70 cm
Material: Eco-friendly Cardboard
Diameter: Small – 44cm, Large – 56cm
Weight Applicable: Small – 5kg (11 pounds), Large – 7.5kg (16.5 pounds)
- Most people hate the need to assemble things together but rest assured, this exercise wheel is a piece-of-cake to assemble.
- The multi-purpose product is beneficial for being more than just an exercise wheel.
- Cats enjoy scratching the wheel more than an exercise wheel.
- The wheel is light in weight, making it easy for you to move it around if needed.
- Luckily, the size of the wheel is big enough for a medium-sized cat can use it with ease.
- The material of the product may be eco-friendly, but it is certainly not built for long term use. It can easily fall apart because of poor quality.
- When the cat tries to use the exercise wheel, it barely turns an inch forward. The design requires modifications to let the wheel run smoothly.
- When the cat is done running, it will chew and/or scratch out the cardboard.
- It is disappointing since there are no color variations offered.
- A large cat can get stuck trying to get inside to use the exercise wheel.
- When the cat sheds its fur, it can be difficult to clean it out of the exercise wheel.
- Eventually, while trying to clean the wheel with water, the cardboard material deteriorates.
- It doesn’t require any electricity, so you aren’t restricted to keep it near a wall socket.
10. AMAZOIN Cat Tunnel Pink Ferris Wheel Cat Toy Cage Tent Tunnel Wheel of Fun
Product Size: 66*66*43cm
Material: Polyester, Plastic
Weight Applicable: 6kg or roughly 13 pounds
- The wheel is made out of polyester material. After washing it with water, it will need to be dried for a while before you can use it, but the material doesn’t deteriorate.
- If you travel a lot, this is the perfect exercise wheel for you because it is easy to carry around.
- The exercise wheel is large enough for more than one cat to run at the same time.
- You can easily assemble the exercise wheel.
- It is easy to relocate the wheel somewhere else in the house.
- The cat may love the exercise wheel, but it can scratch or chew out the polyester fabric that ruins the entire thing. It might end up making a tunnel of its own.
- The exercise wheel is made for kittens only, so after a couple of weeks when it turns into an adult, it’s time to get a new one.
- In the natural process of shedding fur, it can be impossible to clean out the tent. The fur can easily stick to the material.
- The design is not stable, while the cats are running, the wheel can easily fall to over.
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a variety of color options.
How To Train Your Cat To Use The Exercise Wheel?
An exercise wheel is a perfect addition to your cat’s toys. It not only provides them a fun way to use their energy, but it also helps them stay in shape by allowing them to exercise. The question which arises to most cat owners is, how do I train the cat to use the exercise wheel?
Majority of cats freak out at the sight of something that moves and makes noises. Hence, the most concerning question, how to train them? The easiest way to train your cats is by
You can train the cat the traditional way; giving them treats. Leave a catnip on the wheel or a treat for the cat. Over time, it will eventually get used to the wheel. Some people tend to leave a treat in front of the cat, out of its reach. Watch the cat jump to chase the treat.
Bonus Tip: Some people have used fake rats to motivate their cats.
Remember, each cat has a different personality and energy levels. Due to which, each breed of cat may require something more when training. Alternatively, there are some energetic cats that don’t need any training at all; they’d jump right on to the wheel. What is your cat breed, and its energy levels? Learn more about your cat to give them a better and healthier life.
Why Should I Get an Indoor Cat Exercise Wheel?
Unfortunately, our cats are a lot like humans in terms of being too lazy and spending most of their time eating. As a result, some cats can get overweight, which is bad for their health. As pet parents, we’d want our kittens to live a long and healthy life. An exercise wheel is a perfect solution for such overweight cats. However, it is also a great tool for many other reasons. Here is how;
We would advise getting in touch with your doctor before you get an exercise wheel. They could give you helpful advice on whether or not the exercise wheel is good for cats or not.
Things to Remember When Buying an Exercise Wheel
The design of each exercise wheel varies from one another, which is why you need to be careful about selecting one. Why? The size and diameter of a wheel can have an impact on the cat’s spine. If the exercise wheel miscalculates it, using the wheel can be dangerous for your cat. There are a couple of things that you can keep in mind when getting an exercise wheel for your cat.
How to Make an Exercise Wheel At Home
Often, it is hard to find a perfect exercise wheel. Most of them have to be assembled at home too. At the end of the day, if you have to assemble an exercise wheel, why not do it all in your home. If you are good with tools, and you have the time, this might be a good way. Follow the steps described below and make your cat an exercise wheel at home.
Step 1: The Backboard
Determine the size of the wheel, make a circle, and cut out the backboard from the piece of wood.
Step 2: Building the Surface
For the surface, the running area, determine the diameter and the length you would need to cover the wheel. Followed by which, you will have to cut it out.
NOTE: You’ll need flexible plywood to make the curves for the circle.
Step 3: Putting It Together
Using a glue, and wood clamps to put it all together. Additionally, we would recommend using nails to put it all together for good. You can use a wood stain for the finishing look.
Step 4 (alternative 1): Fixing It On The Wall
If you want the exercise wheel fixed up on the wall, you just need to a small circle at the middle of the backboard and mount it on the wall.
Step 4 (alternative 2): Making a Platform to Hold the Wheel
Cut out a piece of wood for the base that has the same width of the wheel. This will prevent it from falling on the side when the cat is running. Next, you will need to drill the hole through the tip of the wood and fit it properly.
Step 5: Customization
Finally, you can customize the exercise wheel by designing it any way you want. Want our suggestion? Use a yoga mat on top of the wood stain, for the cat’s comfort.
Lastly, we would like to caution you to get the exercise wheel from a store because you are given safe and a proper set of instructions to help you out.
Is There A Problem With My Cat If It Doesn’t Use The Exercise Wheel?
Cats are naturally lazy animals, so it is understandable when they don’t want to use the exercise wheel. An exercise wheel is usually well-suited for cats that either has medium to high energy. How do you know if your cat has medium to high energy? Simple, ask yourself if the cat tends to sprint from one end of the house to the other. If the answer is yes, an exercise wheel would make a great addition to your home.
If you are disappointed that your cat isn’t energetic, fret not, we can still help you come up with an exercise tool. Below is a list of options that you can use to help your lazy cat exercise and play around.
Do cats like exercise wheels?
There are cats who may immediately get on board the exercise wheel and run. However, as a general rule of thumb, there are cats that would need to be trained to use the exercise wheel. Or, you might have a cat that just won’t use it at all. Ideally, exercise wheels are made for cats with medium to high energy levels.
Are cat exercise wheels safe?
All exercise wheels are generally safe, but it depends on the cat. An indoor exercise wheel is a perfect way to help your cat use its energy in a positive way. The exercise wheel can help them become healthier, not only physically but mentally.
How can I get my cat to exercise?
- Use an exercise wheel or treadmill
- A cat tower is a great toy with multiple benefits
- It is time to get your cat a wand
- General toys that cats can use, such as; scratchers
- Lasers are the perfect way to keep them busy
- Find your cat an exercise partner
Can a dog use a cat wheel?
Yes! There are cats exercise wheels that your dogs can use as well. Using these indoor exercise wheels, you will no longer need large backyards to get your dogs and cats sufficient exercise. Let them run freely on the exercise wheel and have some fun while