Do you have a warm, friendly creature with a prickly exterior as your pet? Are you looking for the best hedgehog home for your friend? If yes, then you have landed on the right page!
It is essential to keep your pet hedgehog active and busy while ensuring its comfort by having a proper hedgehog cage and supplies. In short, you need a package that offers the best of everything.
And if you are thinking about your best available options, we’ve got you covered.
So without further ado, let’s check out the cages for your adorable little hedgehog from our top picks!
Let’s See What We Have Here
- The Perfect Package: MidWest Deluxe Critter Nation
The movable, multi-story, luxurious cage that gives your pet all the place to explore and climb in a secure environment.
- The Useful One: Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal Home
Small yet ideal cage with wire spacing. Offers separate room for sleeping, accessories, and exercise.
- Premium Pick: Living World Deluxe Habitat
A complete habitat to safely house your small pet with a comfortable bottom base, balcony, and access ramp.
- The Furnished One: PawHut 37″ Mesh 4 Level Portable Indoor Small Animal Pet Habitat Cage Kit
Get your hands on a furnished home for your little prickly friend with enough room for four little animals to play.
- The Basic Perfect: Cavie Guinea Pig Cage by Ferplast
Basic yet so versatile. Features basic food dish and water bottle and ideal for easy maintenance.
- First Home: Kaytee My First Home Habitat for Small Animals
A secure foundation to keep your little hedgehog safe. Design everything just the way you like.
- Complete Habitat: Kaytee My First Home 2-Level Pet Habitat
Ideal for more than one hedgehogs as it includes plenty of play and rest space.
- Simple Yet Effective: Ware Chew Proof 25″ Critter Cage
The chew-proof, durable design with spiral slide and plenty of space for your little hedgehog to play.
- Small and Safe: AmazonBasics Pet Habitat
Ideal size and design for one hedgehog, with separate feeding space and a balcony.
- Double-Story Fun: Favola Hamster Cage by Ferplast
Ideal cage size if you have more than one hedgehog. Two floors, with a large living space.
- Multistory Living: Kaytee My First Home Multi-Level Habitat for Exotics
With multiple levels and a deep base, present this mansion to your little spikey friend.
- Complete Home: MidWest Homes for Pets Wabbitat Deluxe Rabbit Home Kit
The expandable living space is ideal for one or more of your hedgehog pets.
- Fold it Up: MidWest Wabbitat Folding Cage
13 Best Cages for Your Pet Hedgehogs
Not only do these cages mentioned above are perfect for your little prickly pet, but many other small animals like hamsters, guinea pigs, and rabbits.
So what makes these cages the best pick for your hedgehog? Let’s dig deeper to see what each of these cages have to offer!
1. MidWest Deluxe Critter Nation
If luxury is what your pet demands, then you cannot get past this one!
The Deluxe Critter Nation by MidWest offers the ultimate habitat and tons of space for your small animal. The large cage has multiple stories and covered access ramps to keep your hedgehog playful, healthy, and active.
Based on three-stories with separate lockable doors, the large cage allows your hedgehog to climb freely and explore everything it has to offer. It also gives you tons of customization options so you can place toys, feeders, hammocks, and other accessories as you like.
The large doors allow easy access for proper feeding and cleaning. The wide plastic-pan floor is large and gives your little friend lots of space to play and explore. This ultimate habitat is absolutely secure and equipped with resting shelves.
- Perfect wire spacing to prevent your hedgehog from getting hurt
- Easy climbing
- Easy access for feeding and cleaning
- Tons of customization options
- Large and spacious
- Comes with a bottom shelf for storage
- Requires regular maintenance
- Too big if you have just one hedgehog
2. Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal Home
While the cage appears small, it is quite spacious if you check out its tubby base with enough room some fun activities.
The cage comes with an additional platform, which makes this cage a great option to house your pet hedgehog. The setup doesn’t only appear neater, but also offers ample room for feeding and to stock up some fun accessories. You can house up to two hedgehogs in this hedgehog cage at a time. The lightweight design also ensures easy handling and access.
The key features include a deep 6 1/4″ tubby base, 3/8″ wire spacing, and two large entry doors for easy access. The ramp or slide has non-slippery padding for easy climbing. This is an excellent choice if you want a safe, spacious, yet neat space for your hedgehog to live in. The high-quality cage works as a universal home for your small pet
- Easy to access through two doors
- Tightly assembled wires to keep the indoors safe
- Additional items can be added to make space more fun for your pet
- Removable wheels for added mobility
- Can house up to two hedgehogs at a time
- The ramp is quite narrow
- No added feeders
3. Living World Deluxe Habitat
I think this is one of the best hedgehog cages you can get for your prickly friend!
This cage is complete! It has a durable wire frame which makes it thoroughly ventilated.
Also, it offers a perfect and safe environment for your hedgehog.
The smooth plastic base of the cage does not tire the hedgehog’s tiny feet. This large Living World Deluxe Habitat cage has a broad base measuring 49″ x 22″ x 24″.
Your little super-active friend is undoubtedly going to have a fun time running around this cage.
The ramp and resting station give your hedgehog a chance to climb and hide and play around.
The plastic-based durable cage is stylish and offers easy access through the wire-top opening. You can feed and place accessories inside the cage through this opening very easily. There is one more opening at the front that offers additional accessibility.
And when you thought that was it, there is also a balcony inside the cage with access ramp and a feeding dish and drip-proof water bottle.
- A safe environment for your small pet
- Hybrid design with both plastic and upper wireframe
- Includes an access ramp and a balcony
- Tons of space for placing accessories and for your little pet to explore and play
- Includes feeding dish, water bottle, and a hay guard
- It’s white and prone to getting too dirty too soon
- Requires regular maintenance and tough to clean
4. PawHut 37″ Mesh 4-Level Portable Indoor Cage Kit
Choose this cage for your pet hedgehog and keep it both happy and safe indoors.
The carefully designed cage promotes longevity and well-being of your prickly friend at all times. The cage enclosure offers a mental and physical stimulation by providing plenty of room and living space for activity and exploration.
The key features include a design made from powder-coated steel and metal wire, which constructs this spacious, and large 4-level cage.
The cage includes access ramps, shelves, and slide-out tray that makes cleaning easier. It also consists of a plastic feeder dish and a drip-proof water bottle inside the cage.
The cage comes with two large doors for easy access for cleaning and to your pet. The hedgehog-friendly design ensures tightly spaced wires enclosure to save your little pet from getting hut.
The hybrid design involves plastic, steel, as well as metal that contribute towards its sturdiness and durability.
- It is 4-story based and very spacious
- Includes tons of shelves and access ramps for activity and movement
- Comes with four wheels to increase the mobility of the cage
- Includes a slide-out waste collector that can be easily cleaned.
- Slippery ramps
5. Cavie Guinea Pig Cage by Ferplast
While this one’s designed for a guinea pig, it makes for one of the best hedgehog homes, too.
It is suitable for almost every animal around that size. All you need is this cage for your pet, and you are good to go.
There’s no need to add more accessories to furnish this cage. It is fully equipped for a great home and includes a built-in water bottle, food dish, and a hide-out space.
There’s a staircase ramp that leads to the feeder and the balcony for a better view. The bottom has a deep, tubby shape and plenty of space for your hedgehog to move around freely.
The durable structure is light in weight, which makes mobility easier. This cage for your hedgehog is quite versatile and comes with front and side door for easy access and quick cleaning.
Key features include a tight-spacing wired structure to ensure your hedgehog is safe indoors. The base contains litter that can be easily cleaned for regular maintenance. The white color gives out a very simple yet attractive look to the cage.
- Great for easy maintenance
- Structured keeping your pet’s safety in mind
- A coated frame that’s non-chewable
- Lockable doors
- Durable design
- Easy to assemble without any tools
- Great design
- Requires regular maintenance and cleaning
6. Kaytee My First Home Habitat for Small Animals
Do you want to start with the basics? Do you prefer a customizable option where you get to decide the decors and furnishing of the cage for your spikey little one? If yes, this is the ideal starter cage for all hedgehog owners.
This is the simple design with a great measurement that gives you immense opportunities to set up the cage for your pet just the way you like it.
While you can hand-pick the toys, feeding dishes, and accessories, the designers make sure this simple design is durable enough to make a comfortable home for your hog.
The lightweight design measures 30″ x 19.5″ x 18″ and can be moved around easily. You can pick this amazing cage from a variety of different colors to match the rest of the theme you have in mind.
The cage has a deeper surface to offer plenty of space for your pet to run around and play.
The cage comes with a front door for cleaning and access. This cage is ideal if you have a small budget or if you wish to spend on the accessories and toys separately.
Make your hedgehog’s stay more comfortable and playful by choosing the best rest space and toys for your pet’s home!
- The entire design is made from durable plastic, which makes the cage lightweight and easy to move around.
- The upper cover is designed from tiny hardwires
- Basic design with a spacious surface
- Gives you full control of how you want to decorate your pet’s new home
- Ideal for basic cage requirement in a small budget
- Does not include any accessories, platforms or ramp
- Only front door, making access a little problematic
7. Kaytee My First Home 2-Level Pet Habitat
This is one of the finest options when it comes to housing your pet hedgehog. The spacious cage measures 42″ x 18″ x 19″.
This one’s an ideal habitat since it is fully equipped as well as durable. The built-in features of the Kaytee My First Home 2-level Pet Habitat include a feeding bowl, a hay feeder, and a drip-free water bottle.
It is made from quality material to make the design durable and sturdy. It is a hybrid design with a plastic base and a wire-top, to offer view and ventilation to your pet.
The cage comes with four removable tires to make mobility easy. The wire is coated with a soft, durable material to ensure your pet is not harmed while playing or moving around the cage.
The wire coating is also chew-proof, to keep the cage as well as your pet hog safe.
The cage is not only easy to assemble but easy to clean. The base can be removed and cleaned without any trouble. The slider ensures perfect exercise and entertainment for your little friend who’s going to live in this fully-equipped cage.
- Simple assembling
- Wheels to improve mobility
- Easy to clean by removing the base
- Ideal size for one or two hedgehogs
- Chew-proof top with a durable coating
- Large size for easy movement
- The stain-resistant wide plastic surface
- The top wire has to be removed completely to clean the cage
- Some small hedgehogs may pass through the wired bars
8. Ware Chew Proof 25″ Critter Cage
Another basic design that’s absolutely effective and fulfills the purpose!
Your little spikey pet is surely going to have a good time in this cage since it has plenty of space to move around. Moreover, you also have the option of adding as many accessories and activities as you like.
The cage itself does not have feeding dishes or access ramps. But you can always add some as per your own preference.
The cage as a metal pan and a wire top to keep the cage ventilated.
The wiring is chew-proof with tight spacing to ensure the safety of your pet. The cage is easy to assemble and remove from its base to make cleaning easy.
The cage serves as a wonderful habitat since the metal base does not absorb any sort of smell or stains.
If you do not want to spend too much on the cage itself and get all the accessories of your choice separately, this is a great choice to go with. The large surface ensures plenty of space that can be shared by a few small animals if you have.
- Great level of sturdiness – thanks to the metal pan base and top wiring
- Large base and spacious space of living
- The entire model is non-chewable
- Includes a big front door that allows easy access inside the cage
- Gives you full liberty of choosing the accessories yourself
- Cleaning can be time-consuming, i.e., removing and putting the entire cage back together
- The cage may not be suitable for tiny hedgehogs
9. AmazonBasics Pet Habitat
This one’s pretty unique in terms of design and style. It’s an instant eye-catcher! The cage has a sturdy hard plastic base and iron wire top, which guarantees durability and longevity.
It offers a great habitat to an animal by providing a hiding and resting place as well as an access ramp and a balcony.
The cage offers a great level of comfort for your little animal and comes in a fully loaded design with hide-away space underneath the balcony, non-drip water bottle, and a hay guard.
The price you pay for the cage will include all of these features as a part of it, and you are no longer required to pay extra for the accessories.
The open design allows great ventilation. There are opening hatches on two sides of the cage, allowing easy access for cleaning the cage and feeding your hog.
The design is also unique with regards to the combination of colors it is available in.
- Easy to setup
- A great habitat for a small animal that offers a perfect place for resting and activity
- Easy inside access
- Offers optimal ventilation
- Access ramp and balcony
- The water bottle is adjusted to the flimsy side of the cage
- The plastic can be slippery for a hedgehog, making it hard to climb up the ramp
10. Favola Hamster Cage by Ferplast
Make living fun for your little animal by getting your hands on this unique cage.
When I looked at it, I knew this would make for one of the best hedgehog homes and that I have to add this in my list of top cages for hedgehogs.
And I have all the reasons to do so.
Firstly, just look at it. Doesn’t it seem like a perfect habitat for your hog?
Secondly, there are amazing key features associated with this hedgehog cage that makes it a perfect purchase.
Initially designed for hamsters, the cage serves perfectly to any small animal like a hog.
The surface of this cage is based on a glass tank, while the upper floor has a wire net covering.
The glass tank gives out an interesting transparent bottom look, which is not just interesting to look at but also very spacious.
This two-level system is designed carefully to separate the eating and activity area from the bottom eliminating and burrowing section.
The system comes with a built-in exercise wheel, drinking and feeding stations, and a perfect hide-out rest space for your pet.
The double-floor living space design is its key feature, which makes this cage such a hit.
- The cage is fully loaded with all the basic things, activity accessories, and feeding stations
- The transparent tray at the bottom is deep and wide, providing plenty of space for your pet to move around without restricting the visual
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Includes expansion capabilities
- Can keep more than one hedgehog
- Small and limited opening
- Cannot add more or a different water bottle to the system due to the design constraint
11. Kaytee My First Home Multi-Level Habitat for Exotics
If the comfort of your pet is your no.1 priority, this multi-level habitat by Kaytee could be the ideal cage you can get for your pet hedgehog.
Your spikey little companion is going to be super happy in this multi-story cage, featuring lots of space to move around and play.
This one’s ideal for a hedgehog since they are very playful and active creatures. They can go up and down, round and round, and stay happy and healthy. There are several climbing ramps to make moving even easier.
And with so much space available, there’s hardly any chance for your pet to think about escaping.
But in case they do, the cage is secured with tightly secured, chew-proof latches that will keep them from doing so.
Now if you’re wondering it is cleaning this cage would be next to impossible, here’s a surprise for you: no it won’t be!
The design has a deep base fitted at the bottom to stop the bedding and litter from spilling. Just remove and clean the surface, and you are good to go.
- Lots of space and levels to move around and play
- Easy to assemble with chew-proof wires and locks
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Offers a great level of exercise to your pet
- The plastic stairs can be slippery
- Not suitable for very tiny hedgehogs
12. MidWest Homes for Pets Wabbitat Deluxe Rabbit Home Kit
Known as a rabbit cage, just by looking at it, you can tell how perfect it is for a hedgehog. In fact, since this is a large cage for a rabbit, it offers maximum comfort for your pet.
Other than a hedgehog, the cage can be used for other small animals like guinea pigs, hamsters, and chinchillas.
You do not have to incur extra expense since the cage comes with a built-in water bottle, removable hay feeder, and an elevated feeding station.
The access ramp is attached to the balcony while the underneath can be used for hiding and resting.
The large cage makes it perfect for up to two hedgehogs without compromising on the comfort. The full-width door on the side allows easy access to feed the pets as well as to clean the cage. It also has top access in case you are more comfortable in accessing the cage from the top.
The deep plastic base collects the litter, which can be easily accessed and cleaned.
While the cage includes all the basic accessories, add a little wheel if your little companion loves running.
- Spacious cage, offering lots of space for the pet to play and rest
- Ventilated balcony with a view
- Sturdy material to keep your animal secure
- Easy to feed and clean due to easy access
- Comes with all the basic built-in accessories
- For expansion, you need to buy cages separately
13. MidWest Wabbitat Folding Cage
Ideally designed for a rabbit, the cage serves as a perfect habitat for a hedgehog too. In fact, the cage’s affordability and durability make it one of the top choices for the best cages for hedgehogs.
The cage is great if you want to start off with a basic design.
The cage is easy to set up and large enough to provide ample space for your super-active hog to move around and exercise.
The basic cage does not come with the accessories so you must buy them separately before leaving the hedgehog inside. The enclosure is made from a sturdy material, that keeps your animal safe and healthy inside the cage.
Add as many accessories and toys as you like along with the water bottle and a feeding bowl as per your preference.
The cage offers two different access points: on top and at the front. The removable pan on the bottom makes it easier to clean to maintain.
- Excellent habitat for your small animal
- Easy to clean with two-way access
- Easy to setup
- Offers enough space
- The design is too basic
- Does not include a water bottle and feeding dishes
Hedgehog Cages – Buyer’s Guide
In order to buy the best hedgehog cages and supplies, it is important to know what hedgies are really like. Knowing about your little critter beforehand will also help you choose the right cage for them.
It is imperative to take your time with this decision as it is a crucial one. Your pet will spend most of their time inside the cage. Therefore, it must be comfortable and provide enough space for them to run around.
Hedgehogs are not large animals, but they can be hyperactive during the night time when they’re awake. They love running around and hiding in a comfortable place.
Most importantly, they have tiny, delicate feet so you must also ensure that the material that the cage is made of does not hurt them.
All in all, any cage you choose must necessarily provide them with all the important features that make a perfect cage for a hedgehog.
The top 13 cages that we mentioned in this article are surely going to narrow down the options for you and help you make a choice.
To make this easier for you, we have some more guidelines to help you make the right decision. Take these following considerations into account and pick the perfect home for your little hedgie!
Hedgehog Cage Pricing Concerns
Pricing is a significant factor that will help you decide the cage you want to go with. Of course, you must have a budget, don’t you?
Larger cages with more accessories are pricier, but if you prefer comfort and luxury for your little hog, you must set a bigger budget.
It is best to compare your options first before deciding on a price range you are willing to spend on a comfortable cage for your prickly baby.
Be cautious of cedar when choosing toys and bedding for your hedgehog. The aromatic oils present in cedar can cause respiratory problems and make breathing difficult for your hedgehog.
And with that, we are down to the conclusion!
We are positive that the information shared in this article is surely going to help you decide and choose the right cage for your pet hedgehog. Take all the points discussed here into consideration and compare your options before picking the perfect environment and home for your hog.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us and use the comment section below to ask away any more questions you have regarding this.
How big must a hedgehog cage be?
Their active nature requires that you provide your hogs enough space and therefore, you must buy a large cage.
Your tiny buddy can grow up to 8″ so you must get a cage that is at least 2 x 2 feet or 4 square feet.
What’s the ideal temperature to keep your hedgehog comfortable? The decline in the amount of your hog’s activity can indicate if the temperature is affecting them.
They can easily hold up to 80-degrees of heat and prefer warm temperature over cold. You can adjust a lamp within their environment if you do not have a warm home.
Keep them protected in extreme temperatures.
Is it possible to put two hedgehogs in a cage?
Naturally, hedgehogs are antisocial in nature, but of course, it is not impossible to put two hogs in one cage if you can look over them once in a while.
Also, make sure you have a larger cage with plenty of space to move around if you are planning to place two hedgehogs together.
How do I ensure maximum comfort for my hedgehog?
Certainly, your little hedgies require a lot of rest time too since they are so active in nature. To offer maximum comfort, make sure there’s soft stuff on the surface like soft paper shavings.
Also, provide them with soft bedding to sleep on comfortably.
Be cautious about the material you use for the stuffing. Absorbent material can cause allergies so steer clear of them.