Wolves are majestic creatures that symbolize protection and freedom. They are very protective of their pack, often going to great lengths to keep their loved ones safe. Although they are known to hunt and are seen as ferocious, they are still very loyal to their pack.
Wolf quotes are inspiring because they remind us to trust our instincts and remain motivated. We’ve compiled some of the best wolf quotes to help you feel inspired this year!
Top Wolf Quotes To Remember
Wolf Quotes and Sayings To Make You Feel Empowered
1. “I think I’m still a lone wolf, internally. And I always will be.” – Rob Halford
2. “When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game.” – German proverb
3. “The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as a wolf climbing the hill.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. “The Lord God had created all animals, and had chosen out the wolf to be his dog.” – Jacob Grimm
5. “Throw me to the wolves & I’ll return leading the pack” ― Unknown
6. “The Canis Lupus, both wolf and man, were meant to be a family with one another. We gain strength through our bond with each other.” – Quinn Loftis
7. “Some girls are full of heartache and poetry, and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them.” ― Nikita Gill
8. “We humans fear the beast within the wolf because we do not understand the beast within ourselves.” –Gerald Hausman
9. “Sometimes a wolf has to stand alone to find out what he’s made of.”― Dannika Dark
10. “I believe that the wolf can change everything, if he just want to change.” – Deyth Banger
11. “A little wolf is present in every one of us.” – Peter Stamm
12. “I am a wolf and will not be afraid.” — Arya Stark
13. “Live like a wolf: wild, free and hungry.” — C. Pacific
14. “Be yourself. If you’re not yourself, who are you? But take advice; listen to people. If you’re not listening, you’re lost. You’re a sheep among wolves.” — Craig David
15. “A hungry wolf at all the herd will run, In hopes, through many, to make sure of one.” — William Congreve
16. “Wolves don’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” — Aristotle
17. “A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.” ― George R. R. Martin.
18. “An intelligent wolf is better than a foolish lion.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo.
19. “Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.” ― Criss Jami.
20. “The lion may be more powerful, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.” ― Unknown.
21. “It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.” ― Virgil.
22. “The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears”. ― J. R. R. Tolkien
23. “Talk of the wolf, and you see his tail.” ― French Proverb
24. “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be –the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourselves.” ― Farley Mowat
25. “Wolves directly affect the entire ecosystem, not just moose populations, their main prey, because less moose equals more tree growth.” ― Rolf Peterson
26. “No wolf falters before the bite, so strike no hawk wavers before the dive just strike.” ― Shannon Hale
27. “The wolf changes his coat but not his disposition.” ― Proverb.
28. “Leave the pain behind and let your life be your own again. There is a place where all time is now, and the choices are simple and always your own. Wolves have no kings.” ― Robin Hobb.
29. “Where there are sheep, the wolves are never very far away.” ― Plautus
30. “It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.” ― William Inge.
31. “Make yourself a sheep and the wolf will eat you.” ― German Proverb.
Wolf Proverbs For Inner Strength
32. “He who stands godfather to a wolf should have a dog under his cloak.” ― German Proverb.
33. “Howling makes the wolf bigger than he really is.” ― German Proverb.
34. “Even a sheep with the skin of a tiger is afraid of the wolf.” ― Chinese Proverb
35. “A wolf hankers after sheep even at his last gasp.” ― Dutch Proverb
36. “Who keeps company with a wolf will learn to howl.” ― Italian Proverb
37. “The wolf loses his teeth, but not his inclinations.” ― Spanish Proverb
38. “Whilst the dogs are growling at each other, the wolf devours the sheep.” ― French Proverb
39. “Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.” ― German Proverb
40. “He who walks with wolves is taught to howl.” ― Mexican Proverb
41. “You have to be like wolves: strong alone and in solidarity with the pack.” ― Proverb
42. “Wolves don’t hunt singly, but always in pairs. The lone wolf was a myth.” — John Fowles
43. “Although the wolf usually works alone, the wolf is the most united animal of all. You will not find a wolf who abandons a wounded companion.” — John Fowles
44. “Like a wolf in the desert, forgotten by time, far from his pack, he goes in search of his beloved.” — Robin Hobbs
45. “When you have been a wolf, it is very difficult to be tied to a tree like a lamb.” ― Proverb
46. “The moon was crying too, but the wolf never knew.” ― Ron Israel
47. “Do like the wolf. When they reject you, act without fear of fighting and without fear of losing. Inspire loyalty and protect others.” ― Proverb
48. “It is much better to walk like a lone wolf in the right direction than to follow the pack in the wrong direction.” ― Joy Lee
Wolf Quotes to Feel Motivated
49. “Throw me to the wolves, and I will return, leading the pack.” ― Proverb
50. “The hardest walk you can make is the walk you make alone, just like a wolf, but that is the walk that makes you the strongest.” ― German Proverb
51. “The wolf on the hill is never as hungry as a wolf climbing the hill.” ― Jon Rothstein
52. “It is much better to walk alone, in the right direction, than to follow the herd, walking in the wrong direction.” ― Prof. Feynman
53. “Be like a lion and a wolf, then you have a big heart and the power of leadership.” ― Unknown
54. “Don’t lower your expectations to fit into the world. As a wolf, you were born to stand out.” ― German Proverb
55. “The lone wolf is stronger than the pack, and so it survives.” ― Michael Alvear
56. “I’m the lone wolf who has never had any real pups since the day I was born.” ― Mick Jagger
57. “A lone wolf has to be cunning and strong-willed. He can’t live in a pack, but he needs a mate.” ― Jodi Picoult
58. “I’m a lone wolf at heart. I can’t be tied down to anything or anyone, even if it’s for my own good.” ― Harry Styles
59. “The lone wolves have always been my favorite type of people; those who do not need anything else besides themselves to get what they want out of life.” ― Unknown
60. “The strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
61. “Like a lone wolf, I’m never lonely. Because when I’m alone because there’s always something inside me, that keeps me company.” ― Unknown
62. “I am the lone wolf, and the moon is mine.” ― Avijeet Das
63. “The loneliest wolf always howls the loudest at night before going into battle against its prey.” ― Spanish Proverb
64. “People who hate solitude have very low standards when it comes to the company they keep.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
65. “The real power of a wolf isn’t in its fearsome jaws, which can clinch with fifteen hundred pounds of pressure per square inch. The real power of a wolf is having that strength and knowing when not to use it.” ― Jodi Picoult
66. “A true lone wolf wishes not to lead the pack but to lead itself.” ― Eric Kay
67. “The wolf lives by himself, an outlaw.” ― Navajo Proverb
68. “The lone wolf is not the one who just survives but the one who wins.” ― Unknown
69. “A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.” ― George R.R. Martin
70. “I am not a wolf in sheep’s clothing, I’m a wolf in wolf’s clothing.” ― Ricky Gervais
71. “We’re all wolves at heart.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
72. “Life is a lone wolf, scratching out a living with teeth and claws and a heart of stone.” ― Dan Wells
73. “The wolf is the arch type of ravin, the beast of waste and desolation.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
74. “The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears.” ― J R R Tolkien
75. “As wolves love lambs, so lovers love their loves.” ― Plato
76. “Those are the voices of my brothers, darling; I love the company of wolves.” ― Angela Carter
77. “She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them.” ― R.M. Drake
78. “Like a crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.” ― Criss Jami
79. “When a wolf doesn’t want to do something, they look really cute.” ― Michelle Paver
80. “The wolf may fight the bear, but the rabbit always loses.” ― Robert Jordan
81. “The wolves’ prey upon the lambs in the darkness of the night, but the blood stains remain upon the stones in the valley until the dawn comes, and the sun reveals the crime to all.” ― Khalil Gibran
82. “Wolves don’t perform in a circus, and people with a mind of their own, don’t perform in a circus either.” ― Avijeet Das
Wolf Quotes to Uplift You
83. “Where there are sheep, the wolves are never very far away.” ― Plautus
84. “It never troubles the wolf how many sheep may be.” ― Virgil
85. “In the calm, deep waters of the mind, the wolf waits.” ― McKinstry
86. “Some people aren’t who they say they are, be cautious of the company you keep, wolf in sheep’s clothing.” ― Unknown
87. “That night the wind was howling almost like a wolf, and there were some real wolves off to the west giving it lessons.” ― George R R Martin
88. “A wolf is no less a wolf because he’s dressed in sheepskin, and the devil is no less the devil because he’s dressed as an angel.” ― LeCrae
89. “The black wolf’s curse awakes every time a full moon points in the middle of the sky.” ― Pet Torres
90. “The gaze of the wolf reaches into our souls.” ― Barry Lopez
91. “Wolves go after a wounded deer; it is the nature of the beast.” ― Barbara Delinsky
92. “A wolf is strong in a pack, stronger alone!” ― Unknown
93. “There’s something mesmerizing about that wild gaze of a wolf you can’t forget.” ― Unknown
Taking inspiration from wolf quotes is a good way to stay at the top of your game. Since they are respectful creatures, they can motivate us to be more considerate of our surroundings and the people around us. And while they’re more popular for being a lone leader, they are the best creatures to look up to when it comes to unity, relationships, and the importance of a pact.
We hope these amazing quotes help you kickstart your 2023 in a wolfy style!